3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Tom Jenkins

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hog Shot Placement & Shield Clip - NEW PICS ON 1ST PAGE 9/13/2011 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hog Shot Placement & Shield Clip - NEW PICS ON 1ST PAGE 9/13/2011
OffTheKnuckle
Member # 35865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OffTheKnuckle   Email OffTheKnuckle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just skinned a small 100 lb hog a friend gave me to feed out. I attempted to brain tan the hide but that's a diff story.
I was amazed at how dense the shield was on that little pig.

Posts: 40 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
187BOWHUNTER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 187BOWHUNTER   Email 187BOWHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice hog, thx for posting the pics and vid
Posts: 218 | From: Blacktail country | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lungbustr1
Member # 19213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lungbustr1   Author's Homepage   Email Lungbustr1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, that's too sweet man. Way to keep it all together in the fog of war! Score one for the good guys!
Posts: 7 | From: Clifton Park N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monsterchelli
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monsterchelli   Email monsterchelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

I Know this has been said before But thank you for posting this information, it has helped me.

--------------------
" Out of a mans heart, The issues of life flow"

Black Widow PSR-V
47# @ 27
Howard Hill Montana
50# @ 27

Posts: 159 | From: Paulding, GA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & Loop Addictions (COMING TODAY !!!!!!!)

Posts: 30575 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RecurveRookie
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RecurveRookie   Email RecurveRookie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry, nice pics. I will keep that in mind this fall. Good Hunting!

--------------------
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#, I'm learning.

Posts: 486 | From: McLennan Co., Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PTLMG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PTLMG   Email PTLMG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats some good info partner. thnx
Posts: 101 | From: TX | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PTLMG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PTLMG   Email PTLMG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, this is an awesome educational post. Awesome job with the visuals and the explanation. Thank you.
Posts: 101 | From: TX | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wudstix
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wudstix   Email Wudstix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good pics as I get ready for GRXH 2013, 15-17 Feb at Granger WMA. Bring no food, we eat what we kill and/or catch.

--------------------
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!"
+++++++
"Going to the woods is going home." - John Muir
++++++
60" Big River Recurve 67#@28"
60" MOAB 62#@27"
60" Big River 21st style 65#@27"

Posts: 2541 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Golden
Member # 38281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golden   Email Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grate info.thx!

--------------------
Golden

Posts: 11 | From: arkansas | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brett Wilmore
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brett Wilmore   Email Brett Wilmore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAP and I are headed to Matador WMA TX this weekend for 5-day hunt session, great info--thanks!
Posts: 153 | From: AZ | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stompie
Member # 38830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stompie   Email Stompie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for interest sake any of you guys planning a trip to africa practice the shots as indicated by Terry as a safe shot all african animals needs to be shot in the triangle made by the front leg and nothing further back(only kudu is an excemption)
Thanx Terry well documented and explained!!!!

Posts: 53 | From: South Africa | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete
2017 Contributor
Member # 1145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete   Author's Homepage   Email Pete   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done two shots on big HOGS quarter behind shield arrow came out other side between shoulder and head. Three steps and they dropped! I really try for that shot!Very impressive! The photos you show Terry are the same ones I have taking on hunts and pass out to guys who have yet to kill a Hog,they can really see where to place that arrow. Glad to see those pics again, your getting me itching to go get bacon.Pete

--------------------
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it. Boldness has wisdom, power, and magic in it. W.H. Murry.

Posts: 135 | From: Montana | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sitting in my stand with my hickory self bow I made this summer just wishing 1 of those dang hogs would come by. Its just a matter of time! this is my first year hunting with traditional equipment since I was a kid! Just curious if any 1 knows when and if Mohawk bows will be accepting orders again? Really love his work and would love 1 of his bows!

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 1957 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brut
Member # 29696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brut   Email brut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great shooting, looks like he liked to fight
Posts: 12 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©