Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Gordon Jabben

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE 2016 ST. JUDE AUCTION BIDDING FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hog Shot Placement & Shield Clip - NEW PICS ON 1ST PAGE 9/13/2011 (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hog Shot Placement & Shield Clip - NEW PICS ON 1ST PAGE 9/13/2011
Chops
Member # 40976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chops   Email Chops   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an education I got from this thread! I hope to hunt hogs in the future. I will remember to check back here once I can group my shots in that space.
Posts: 13 | From: White Plains, New York | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Huntress
Member # 28197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Huntress   Author's Homepage   Email The Huntress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thank you for this post! I'm dreaming of getting a hog and have learned a lot that will help!!
Posts: 75 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jerry hill
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jerry hill   Email jerry hill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good pictures and good advice for others to follow. The shield of a wild boar is something else.I shot one years ago in Louisiana, and you couldn't stick an ice pick through the shield. Shot placement as explained here is the best example I have seen posted.only other choice is to brain one, only when it is a half to, kill or get cut up. Choice you may have to make.JERRY HILL...
Posts: 78 | From: Alabama | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jerry hill
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jerry hill   Email jerry hill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hunted all types of game over the years.the hunting of hogs has always been my favorite. It offers all the challenges and dangers that one could hope for. They desire great respect and an archer should hunt them with the up most respect. It be wise for an archer who is going for the first time to read and study them well. Knowing their behaviours will prepare one for one of the GREATEST adv adventures to be had. Never ever take anything for granted when hunting wild hogs. If one let's their guard down for one second, is When you may find yourself in trouble. Always when making a shot, renock another arrow quickly, because a downed boar may not be quite dead yet.JERRY HILL....
Posts: 78 | From: Alabama | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Frost
Contributor 2016
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Frost   Email Lady Frost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow is all I can say. Very cool thread. The pictures were very informative. Not to mention the massive hog. [Smile]

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Posts: 392 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gtsticker
Member # 26942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtsticker   Email gtsticker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great info about to go hog hunting so it is timely for me
Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m8hunter
Member # 42528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m8hunter   Email m8hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is 50 lb draw enough for hog hunting? I'm just getting into traditional archery. I live in Texas, so once I get my accuracy to an ethical level I would love to go get some hogs!

I'm practicing with a #45 pound bow, but I have a 50# Super Kodiak that I plan on hunting with.

--------------------
K. B.

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it sure is. Make sure you got great arrow flight and sharp heads.

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29663 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m8hunter
Member # 42528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m8hunter   Email m8hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry! Pretty much what I figured but I wanted to double check.

--------------------
K. B.

Posts: 8 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WESTBROOK
Contributor 2017
Member # 8854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WESTBROOK   Email WESTBROOK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been an invaluable thread!

This shot was on a little 100# boar. Shooting down hill and a slight 1/4 away. Got the top and back of the lungs. Arrow went all the way through and was hanging by the fletch. He only went about 40 yd.

Entrance
 -

Exit
 -

Spruce arrow with 175g Grizzly Instinct 3 bld, about 625g.

Posts: 3635 | From: Manton Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©