3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bear Mag Takedown (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bear Mag Takedown
Neely1911
Member # 43603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neely1911   Email Neely1911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fully assembled...waiting for the last coat of clear poly on the limbs to dry and then I can start shooting!!!

[URL=  - ][/URL]

[URL=  - ][/URL]

[URL=  - ][/URL]

Posts: 24 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That turned out fantastic....congrats!!!!

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1283 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DennyK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennyK   Email DennyK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Work! [thumbsup]

Denny

--------------------
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Posts: 1403 | From: Hudsonville,Mi | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neely1911
Member # 43603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neely1911   Email Neely1911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys, it was a fun project and I'm looking forward to shooting it.

I also need a quiver for it, leaning towards a Kanati 2 piece that straps on the limbs if it will fit.

Posts: 24 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Kendrot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Kendrot   Email Steve Kendrot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good. I just stripped mine and have one coat of ultra matte charcoal rustoleum paint on it cap looked almost black but actually more of a dark grey. Looks good so far.
Posts: 967 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K2   Email K2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve,

Can you take pics. I would like to see. I think I am going to get the same color. THanks. Ken

Posts: 982 | From: Aurora CO | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Kendrot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Kendrot   Email Steve Kendrot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. Might not be able to get to it for a day or so. Have a busy day Sunday. Should have taken some before pics. Used the stripper mentioned earlier. Worked pretty well with an old toothbrush to knock of the tougher spots.
Posts: 967 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Kendrot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7340

Ken. Pics sent to your email. No time for Photobucket.
M60gunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A word of caution, be very, very careful removing and installing screws in mag riser. I was not and stripped a hole out. Of all places the screw hole that holds screw and spring for latch retainer.
Posts: 2193 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimB
Contributor 2017
Member # 17284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimB   Email JimB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job.I like it.I did one the same color several years ago.
Posts: 3833 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimB
Contributor 2017
Member # 17284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimB   Email JimB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the A handle I refinished.I bought it new,when they first came out.I built my own 5 arrow quiver,using a Delta center shaft,Great Northern gripper,custom brackets and I built a fiberglass hood.
 -

Posts: 3833 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NIGEL01
Assoc Sponsor - CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGEL01   Email NIGEL01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job!
Posts: 855 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zepnut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zepnut   Author's Homepage   Email zepnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work.
Posts: 907 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NIGEL01
Assoc Sponsor - CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGEL01   Email NIGEL01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys refinish the latchs? Mine are wore to the bare metal. Just spray paint?
Posts: 855 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Kendrot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7340

I would've if it needed it. Mine were in decent shape. Not sure they were original because they were in much better shape than the riser and the leather pad looked brand new.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©