3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » For the love of bows: show us pictures of your favorite bows! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For the love of bows: show us pictures of your favorite bows!
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome bows, Phil & Tom!
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
My Blacktail and my Tall Tines

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2037 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SELFBOW, that Echo is anything but plain. One of the nicest longbows I've ever seen. Cool story, too. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4733 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not hunted this one yet but it is a sweet shooting bow and likes Snag's 65/70 Surewoods. Bought it from a friend I originally met st Stickflingers. A Rampart 3 piece longbow 54#, 54@28".  -

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2037 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinky
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 39339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinky   Email pinky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best shooting is with my Old Hatfield. I ordered this new from a local sporting goods store years ago.

-

-
 -
I gave it a Little TLC this Spring with some Tru-Oil
 -
A Reliable Favorite. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)
Trails End (Good Medicine) RC
Wes Wallace (Mentor) RC
(Royal) LB
Aspen (Classic) LB

Public Land Hunter

Posts: 345 | From: Msla, MT | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my 56" Schafer "Koadacious" and my 58" Shafer "Rocket 2"

-

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Posts: 7903 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SELFBOW19953
Contributor 2016
Member # 297

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SELFBOW19953   Email SELFBOW19953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Damon, and Dennis. Not many people can say their bed was made into a bow.

--------------------
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow." Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Posts: 2505 | From: DELAWARE | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tomsm44
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomsm44   Email tomsm44   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres my two favorites. First up is my first custom bow. It's an RD longbow from Flatwoods Custom Bows. Walnut limbs with bamboo cores. Jatoba riser with walnut/bamboo accents. 64" and 47@28".
 -
 -
 -
The other is one I recently traded for. It's a Hoots custom 'Lil Hoot recurve. Not sure the woods exactly, but it looks like red elm outer lams and bamboo cores under clear glass for the limbs and maybe cocobolo or something along those lines for the riser. It's 56" and 42@28". I got it for my wife to shoot since none of my bows really fit her, but after shooting it myself, I'm planning on getting some use out of it as well. It's a great shooter, and pound for pound it's the fastest bow I have. Easily as fast if not a little faster than the one listed above shooting the same arrows.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D: 64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter: 58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter: 58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter: 58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve: 56", 42@28

Posts: 1331 | From: Ackerly, Texas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wooddamon1:
SELFBOW, that Echo is anything but plain. One of the nicest longbows I've ever seen. Cool story, too. [thumbsup]

X2 [Smile]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2973 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

All I can say with all these great bows is WOW! [Not Worthy]
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil that is awesome story...hope I get to see that bow here sometime!!! I love seein all the pixs [thumbsup]

Here's my hunting rig for this season..dymandwood Bear A that shoots like a dream
 -

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1283 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcar315
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcar315   Email jcar315   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very special Bear Kodiak in a very special place.....Wild Things

-

--------------------
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 5315 | From: Boonsboro Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Birdbow
Contributor 2014
Member # 21586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Birdbow   Email Birdbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A new acquisition - Javaman Elkheart. A beauty to shoot and to look at. Tamo ash veneers.

--------------------
Unadulterated truth is not pablum.

A simplification of means and an elevation of ends is the goal. Antoine de St.-Exupery

Posts: 621 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zwickey-Fever
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zwickey-Fever   Email Zwickey-Fever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot and hunted with numerous bows over the years but always seem to come back to my Martin Hunter.
 -

--------------------
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
Genesis 27:3

Posts: 224 | From: Southern Iowa | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©