3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » now i'm on a quest! my vow and pic's of 2 big bucks. (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: now i'm on a quest! my vow and pic's of 2 big bucks.
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my problem is actual time to hunt, I can only hunt weekends in that's its 1 morning and 1 afternoon hunt only as there is so much to do both for me and my wife. she has a lot of family health problems she is dealing with as well as training for her 5 marathon in November. we split time watching the kids while the other does their own thing. hope to hunt there again next Sunday afternoon.

--------------------
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Posts: 7027 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did not have time to hunt tonight but did hit the field with my son in the backpack to see what was going on. got some great pic's of some does 30 yards behind my stand and was a real blast to have him see them. swung back around to get the wind in our favor to watch the clover field better. just before dark I saw the 6 point step in to the field, closer this time and got a good look. when I saw him before by the big 8 he looked like he had a basket rack, this time I could see it was a really decent rack and got the chance to zoom in a little better with my camera. to add insult to injury just before dark but still in good shooting light I watched him stroll right underneath my stand ( 5 yards tops! ) while feeding and stopping. all I could do was smile... and cry...
 -
 -

--------------------

Posts: 7027 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

and the good looking girls!
 -
 -

--------------------

adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

-

--------------------

Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love those big mature North Country Does...

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4379 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics Ken. You are doing the right thing by your family. Those deer will be there next weekend. I hope you have good wind and weather.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16918 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetfeathers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wetfeathers   Email wetfeathers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, man! I've had similar experiences as my wife and I are raising a young family. You clearly have your priorities in line. Great job getting those pics. I really hope you get a crack at em.

--------------------
Love your kids.... spend time. not money.

Christain Bowhunters of America

Posts: 306 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

could not hunt tonight but had just enough time to put a trail camera out by my tree stand.

--------------------

Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at it this way....having limited time to hunt is working in your favor, you aren't burning out the spot. I am hoping you get him Ken, you deserve it. I won't say "good luck"....because you have this pretty well thought out. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.Tradwoodsman.com The Woodsman Skinner is the finest knife ever made"..John Wayne

Posts: 3969 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

going to give it my best shot this morning, will be in the stand by 6 am!

--------------------

Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me know if you need help dragging, although I know you are capable of slinging it over your shoulders like Mitten.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16918 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patknight
2017 Contributor
Member # 45340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patknight   Email Patknight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn really expected to see a dead deer wen reading down this post,,that's why we call it hunting...haaaaaaa
Posts: 82 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

what a morning, just unbelievable! saw 13 deer, 3 BIG racked bucks and the big 6, came out behind me and walked across field. I have NEVER saw that many BIG bucks in a YEAR much less together! just getting so close, putting up another stand today.

--------------------

woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck, Brother!!!!!
Listen to the wind.....

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5538 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yth-mnstr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yth-mnstr   Email yth-mnstr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics! Good luck!!

--------------------
justin ammons

Posts: 465 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©