3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » bow-mounted arrow holder???? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: bow-mounted arrow holder????
1flyfish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1flyfish   Email 1flyfish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using a kwik loc also for years now and never had an issue,I trim the opening to hold my size arrow just enough to hold it on the shelf but releases at the very beginning of the draw,but that is split fingers.

--------------------
JD Berry Morningstar
Howard Hill Tembo
McBroom ASL
"Keep em flying straight"

Posts: 226 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
double eagle
Member # 36265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for double eagle   Email double eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the toothpick/stick trick. I had a guy show me a bow that had a kwik loc on a bow that sat in the sun for a while. When he removed the kwik loc, it showed how the sun faded around it. Looked like an action figure. No kwik loc for me.
Posts: 55 | From: Missouri | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Beastmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Beastmaster   Email Red Beastmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a Kwik Lock on every one of my bows for as long as I can remember. I have pre released most times and I'm sure I haven't when a shot opportunity suddenly appeared.

I use split finger so pinching the nock is a natural thing. I can't see how reaming out the gripper would be of help.

I have actually caught crap for using this "gadget" on my stickbows. [Smile]

--------------------
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy. Coach John Wooden

Posts: 1732 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had at least 3 different ones that I know of and I've never had a problem with any of them but then again I shoot split finger so there

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30671 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kwik-locs and Sta-Jacs are my favorites.

Sometimes they require a little shaving with a razor blade where the two points come together to fit the arrow "just right"

I shoot split finger and it's pretty simple to squeeze the arrow nock with my index and middle finger to pre release the arrow.

In the "moment of truth" I don't trust any gadgets to perform "as advertised".

At that point the arrow holding gadget has done its job flawlessly and kept arrow on the rest and prevented it from rattling around and falling to the ground long enough.

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping this one, too.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7326 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tedd
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tedd   Email Tedd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any input on the arrow holders. I'd like to use one at some point. Its one of those thing I can't see to get around to. I'll try the toothpick tonight.
Here is a different approach for treestand users, the bi-folding screw in EZ Hangers will swing back to pinch your arrow and bow tight against the tree. For a right handed shooter, screw the ez hanger in at about your left ear. With the EZ hanger pointing left, hang your bow up with the arrow point rearward, then just swing the hanger so it pinches the arrow against the tree. The bow is aimed backwards but it's never been an issue and it can blow enough to make you sea sick but your bow won't move and the arrow won't fall.
This year in an effort to reduce as much weight as possible I stopped carrying the EZ hanger so I'll try the toothpick.
Tedd

Posts: 2507 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whip--good photos--- i use the toothpick also. Of course i shoot a Whip-- coincidence? Anyhow the toothpick and rubberband are about as cheap and effective as it gets.
Posts: 493 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Lawler
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Lawler   Email Kevin Lawler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I use. Works great.

-

Posts: 1204 | From: Creedmoor, NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Whip:
Best arrow holder I've found by far is a toothpick or matchstick with a rubber band. In theory it should come off when you draw, but I always take mine off. If things are happening fast I just flick it off and let it fall. They are cheap to replace. [Wink]
 -

-

-

I still cannot see photobucket linked pics on my tablet, so I flipped Whip's pics to Imgur for others with the same problem to be able to see them.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7326 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the holder whip describes is the best I've ever found except mine instead of a toothpick its a flat piece of triangular wood with a hole thru one of the points and I double side taped to the riser, the rubber band is loop locked thru the hole so the rubber ban don't fly off , just pull the band over shaft and go back to triangular wood piece and pull over the wood point..

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3120 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
Contributor 2017
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been using the kwik lock for decades. You have to remember the device was originally brought out before the latest fad of 3 under. It works perfectly with split finger.

You may have to pre release it for 3 under.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1064 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JR Belk:
I use the kwik lok. Never had one fail to release

Same here...
Posts: 2264 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greg fields
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greg fields   Email greg fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure your putting the quik lock on the back of the bow and not the front.... I've used this holder for years and never even thought about it not releasing my arrow...
Posts: 179 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©