3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Brian Dannenfelser

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Trad Gang is 101% Traditional Bowhunting ONLY, and now .... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Trad Gang is 101% Traditional Bowhunting ONLY, and now ....
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BWallace10327:
I just registered, maybe I'll get some good information over there and someday I'll be a better shot at 50 yards with my hawken (offhand) than I am with my recurve...

man, i hear ya brutha - offhand with a .50 or .62 can be so .... HUMBLING [Eek!]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9919 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contacted Rob, and he got me the info to register. I can now get there. I have limited experience in BP, even though I own several guns. I think new interest is revving up.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4445 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam McMichael:
Contacted Rob, and he got me the info to register. I can now get there. I have limited experience in BP, even though I own several guns. I think new interest is revving up.

good yer in! there's a huge collective knowledge of all black powder arms on the site, ready and willing to help everyone out, any time!

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9919 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savage1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savage1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an owner of two savage ml10
smokeless muzzleloaders, I have never burned blackpowder.

Good luck and ejoy the new forum
just the same.

Lou

--------------------
Beetle kill, Usa.

Posts: 224 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

quote:
Originally posted by savage1:
As an owner of two savage ml10
smokeless muzzleloaders, I have never burned blackpowder.

Good luck and ejoy the new forum
just the same.

Lou

there is nothing difficult about using black powder. if you register, we can help you get to understand that the "holy black" is quite an easy powder to use, to clean up after, and will have lower and safer working pressures than any smokeless powder. black powder is not superior to smokeless powder, nor vice-versa. each have their plus and minuses. get to know each and be more informed for what each can do for you, then decide.

--------------------

myshootinstinks
Contributor 2017
Member # 5558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for myshootinstinks   Email myshootinstinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trad archery & front loaders are my bag so I signed up.
Posts: 1382 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Vanilla Gorilla
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Vanilla Gorilla   Email The Vanilla Gorilla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pumped about this..just bought myself a 54 Kentucky rifle to hunt hogs with!

--------------------
"We don't have our own hunting show, but we've been on the evening news a few times..."

Posts: 939 | From: Southeast Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc B.
Contributor 2017
Member # 2157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc B.   Email Marc B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in. Thanks!
Posts: 1234 | From: SW Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yewbender
Contributor 2016
Member # 43534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yewbender   Email Yewbender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awsome and thanks for the info!
Posts: 422 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Clandinin
Contributor 2017
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Clandinin   Email Steve Clandinin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its really great this Forum started.Been shooting BP for close to 40 years,owned many guns ,now down to my 2 keepers .Both custom jobs an Early full stock .58 cal flintlock Hawken and an early Beck completely decked out Kentucky,.54 cal flintlock.I make most of my accoutrements from Buffalo engraved powder horns to shooting pouches,loading blocks etc.I,ve always felt Flintlocks and trad bows go hand in hand.Hell who would need more.The largest Whitetail and Mulie Iève ever shot were with true BP guns.

--------------------
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Posts: 3031 | From: Sask. Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

i've always liked the idea of the hunt with trad bow, flintlock long gun and .... fly rod. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome news! Thank you!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6037 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Brennen
Contributor 2017
Member # 18215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Brennen   Email Jim Brennen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just signed up myself,very excited about this.I have a couple of cheaper hawkens i enjoy shooting,nothing serious. probably will end up with a custom now.

--------------------
62" toelke whip 55#@28" 56" thunderchild 49#@28 54" shrew classic hunter 50#@28

Posts: 269 | From: Pittsburgh Pa | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2015
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TradBang should be the name.

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3706 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

quote:
Originally posted by hunt it:
TradBang should be the name.

that's a good one, too. and it was on our list. but we wanted to make it really clear about the firearms we have in mind, and "black powder" pretty much means most any firearm prior to 1900.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©