Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Gordon Jabben

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE 2016 ST. JUDE AUCTION BIDDING FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Trad Gang is 101% Traditional Bowhunting ONLY, and now .... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Trad Gang is 101% Traditional Bowhunting ONLY, and now ....
Bowwild
Contributor 2017
Member # 2347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowwild   Author's Homepage   Email Bowwild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd expect the muzzle site to be as helpful and fun as this one. I'm not a muzzle loader user (Had a Renegade in the late 70's). I spread my time (forum-wise) here and on an airgun site.

--------------------
If the mind wanders, so too will the arrow.

Member of various archery organizations.

Posts: 5718 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bowwild:
I'd expect the muzzle site to be as helpful and fun as this one. I'm not a muzzle loader user (Had a Renegade in the late 70's). I spread my time (forum-wise) here and on an airgun site.

BP Gang isn't just muzzleloaders, it's about black powder firearms of the 18th and 18th centuries, so that does include bp cartridge rifles and revolvers of the mid to late 19th century.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9912 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeteA
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeteA   Email PeteA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the new site Rob. Just signed up and started posting.

--------------------
Predator Hunter 46#@28
Bear Take Down 50#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Posts: 891 | From: Westchester, New York | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob did you say fly rod????.... got more $$$ wrapped up in them then I do bows! [scared]

--------------------
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Posts: 7014 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by adkmountainken:
Rob did you say fly rod????.... got more $$$ wrapped up in them then I do bows! [scared]

yessir ... FLY RODS and FLY FISHING! [Wink]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9912 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

quote:
Originally posted by PeteA:
Thanks for the new site Rob. Just signed up and started posting.

very good, thanx - hope it can be of help to all folks and be a venue for those in the know to share their knowledge with others.

--------------------

jsweka
Contributor 2015
Member # 21094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jsweka   Email jsweka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just registered!!

--------------------
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Posts: 3368 | From: Howard Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cacciatore:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisch:
Good luck with the new venture! I am just a trad bow guy, so I'll just stick around here!

Bisch

P.S. - Rob, you might want to fix the title of the thread so it says "Trad Gang......" instead of just Trad.

X3

I wouldn't want to give up my traditional archery only t-shirts. Good luck you cheaters, lol, just kidding. Glad you guys have a forum, and that it isn't including all the advances that make them shoot almost well as modern rifles.

Posts: 5241 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warpedarrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warpedarrow   Email warpedarrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent all my money on trad archery so no go for me. Good luck with the new venture.

--------------------
Brad Lehmann

Posts: 481 | From: Coke County Texas | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cory Mattson
Contributor 2016
Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory Mattson   Email Cory Mattson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Idea - Good Luck with it.
<><
<-----------------<<<<<<<

--------------------
Savana River Bow Zone - Trad Bowhunting Club

Posts: 1284 | From: Work / NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thumbs up!

[ November 21, 2016, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Rob DiStefano ]

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3028 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darryl R.
Member # 44025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darryl R.   Email Darryl R.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I registered. That will be a neat site.
In 2007 I put away my scoped rifles and began hunting with Shiloh Sharps and remington rolling blocks in 45/70 & 50/70 using straight black powder.

After that I bought a Lyman great plains cap lock in .50 cal, then a TVM virginia in .50 cal.

Hunting with the flintlock using a patched round ball is a lot like trad bow hunting - its a very hands on hobby and super enjoyable.

As the saying goes, "Once you go black you'll never go back" (to smokeless powder that is).

--------------------
Bob Lee Exotic 53#@28
Bob Lee Signature 53@28
Tomahawk Woodland Hunter 57#@28
Bear Super Kodiak 50#@28

Posts: 15 | From: Houston Texas | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Krewson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Krewson   Email Eric Krewson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I built my first flintlock rifle in 2009 it took me two years to complete, there was a lot of learning along the way.

I built an English Fowler 12ga in 2012, this one only took me year to make.

Next was a TN squirrel rifle this I made this year this one only took me 8 months to complete.

Once you start building there is always something waiting in the wings, I have an Issac Haynes TOW kit, TC Hawkins kit and a peace meal TC renegade I am gathering a few parts to complete.

Posts: 4018 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oldrubline
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldrubline   Email oldrubline   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be interested for sure...if bow season was all fall, I'd just do that, but we have a muzzleloading season of about 10 days where you can't use bows. I have a flintlock .50 for that. I love loading and shooting it. The summer focus is fly fishing for brookies and casting deer hair flys up under the cedars in our northern lakes for bass...

Dan

Posts: 153 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just what I needed. Another hobby. I'm intrigued with black powder and always have been, but never gotten into it. Guess I'll go join up!!
Posts: 519 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©