3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Buck cruising question (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Buck cruising question
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity. The forum labels you from Texas. Down south the rut is later. In the north is still happening. Can't be over in Texas
Posts: 78 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Critter getter you say the deer are inconsistant. No way to pattern them.
I watched Barry Wensel once in Bowhunting October Whitetails time speak words that couldn't be more true.
He said break it down to what's hardest to find.
For instance if the area was vast in cover, find the food source. If it's vast in food, find the bedding. In other words find what's less and that'll be a draw.
I don't know Texas at all but if it's very, very dry find some water. This kinda thing.

Posts: 78 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Just out of curiosity. The forum labels you from Texas. Down south the rut is later. In the north is still happening. Can't be over in Texas
KodaChuck
Member # 43142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KodaChuck   Email KodaChuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time you are in that situation, put the grunt call away and pull out a doe bleat call....one bleat.... that's all. Then....get ready.

--------------------
Palmer Recurve 64" 46# @ 30"

Posts: 79 | From: PA | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bowguy67:

This thread was from late season last year.
still good to hear new responses. This year I am hunting a funnel about 1/2 mile from this spot in the direction the old buck was traveling. Only made it out a couple times but my hopes are high

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2001 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©