3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have been riding the struggle bus this week! I need some help figuring out how to get John Haines display name so I can PM him to get the Hope on the way to him. Thanks for any help. I will post some more pics on my hunts with Hope later
Posts: 3051 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I had hope for the last month and it has been fun. What a great shooting bow! I wished I could say that I had some hero pic's for you but it just didn't happen. Between a sudden house closing and a busy work life it only allowed a couple of days of hunting. Now with that said I did have some close calls with turkeys.
The first day out I sat in one of my favorite spots. I had turkeys all around me but most never came closer than 40 yards or so. The only bird that came in close enough was a big tom but the angle within the blind made it so I could not get the shot off. It was pretty fustrating to have him so close but not get the shot.

Posts: 3051 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

-

Here a picture from the blind

twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

The next trip out the birds were maily hanging out in the privite ground much. This year there wasn't enough pine nuts to draw them out town where there was more feed. They just wanted to hang out in some sheep corrals most of the day.
On the second evening I had been up on a ridge glassing them feed in the corrals for a few hours then finnally they came out. They started feeding in a dike system that gave me a high percentage stalk. I sprinted down the ridge after them quick. When I got down the ridge I could see 30 to 40 turkeys feeding right behind a big bank in the dike. As I started to get into postion to shoot I notice some of the birds high tailing out of there! I didn't know how they could have seen me until I notice another hunter had tried to come up the other side of the dike! Then before I knew it I had the turkeys flying over my head and out of my life. I tried calling back the busted flock in but this late in the seaon they wanted no part of that. It was still a good day with all of that excitement.

twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

-

Here is looking back into dike where the turkeys were

twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

-

Hope and old turkey tracks

Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 750 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Hoyt 75
Contributor 2017
Member # 38563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Hoyt 75   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I contact Rick Stillman about shipping Hope. He is next for March but I will ship it before then. Thanks

--------------------
Hill Country, Jack Kempf, RER, Heartland, Eaglewing, TimberHawk

TGMM Family Of The Bow, COMPTON, PBS & P&Y Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association

Posts: 833 | From: Central Indiana | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©