3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking bow ... have fun, gotta love St Jude mojo

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4690 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chad: Break her in on turkeys for me! HOPE to nail a gobbler with her come May!

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2681 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Will do, taken this morning.

--------------------
Inquiring minds.......

Posts: 667 | From: Black Hills, SD | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!
What a picture!
Best of luck.

--------------------
WVBA Member

Posts: 2681 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will Cocke 2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Will Cocke 2   Email Will Cocke 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CRS. Looks like you need a little help up there!
Posts: 963 | From: MS | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbpharmd
Member # 43448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbpharmd   Email jbpharmd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a chance to shoot her at the Louisiana Traditional Bowmen North vs South shoot last weekend and she is wonderful. No other way to describe it. Thanks Daniel for the opportunity!
Posts: 73 | From: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Will Cocke 2:
CRS. Looks like you need a little help up there!

Hope should be along here in the next couple weeks. [Smile]

--------------------
Inquiring minds.......

Posts: 667 | From: Black Hills, SD | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith arrived in the North Carolina mountains today. Just enough daylight left to put her together, check nock and brace height, try out a variety of arrows. At my 28.75" draw, 2016 XX75 with 125 grs. up front flew best. A mighty handsome bow. More to come.
 -

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 911 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

[campfire]

--------------------
WVBA Member

Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I "Hope" and have "Faith" that the girls are getting some quality time in with the current participants!!!

See what I did there? [thumbsup]

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11801 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welp,

my time with Hope is coming to an end. I am about to ship it out to the next person. I did not manage to kill anything with it, except foam. The frogs and hogs did not cooperate in the least bit.

If there are any specific questions anyone would like answered, please feel free to ask.

Overall, I would say it is probably one of the nicest bows I've ever held in my hand and everyone wanted to shoot it and complimented it sexiness. The finish was fantastic. The curves and lines with all the light accents contrasting the dark woods help make the bow "pop".

First thing you'll notice is these limbs aren't your standard straight limbs. They have almost a wavy design to them. This pic kind of shows what i'm talking about. You can see it with the bottom limb.

-

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 2997 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the first compliments I have to give Will is the grip here. It is nearly perfect for my hands. Not that that matters, but it did make my experience with more enjoyable.

After shooting it, the first thing I notice is the speed. It's crazy fast. I have a set of Morrison Max 4's, and i'm guaranteeing you that this bow is within a few fps of that bow with the same weight arrows (morrison is #46@28, this bow is #47@29).

You'll also notice that the longbow limbs are not your typical longbow limb design. I don't know how legal this bow would be in some tourneys due to the string could be touching the limb if the brace height isn't set high enough, making it have to be shot in the recurve class instead of the longbow class, which wouldn't be a problem due to the speed.

With that speed, there does come a little noise. Not much, but definitely some. It's not as loud as a recurve, but definitely not as quiet as most of my longbows.

There may be the slightest amount of handshock but fwiw, I don't know that i've ever shot a bow I would say has "NO HAND SHOCK". I'm sure I could adjust the brace height a little and quieten it down some, but it was shooting so good at the 7 3/8" brace that I didn't mess with it.

I shot a variety of arrows from it. The first set was a 30" 500 spine with 225 grains up front. The second set were some 32.5" .400 spine heads with 175 up front. Both shot like darts out of this bow!

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 2997 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

here are just some random pics of the bow:

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

-

-

-

--------------------

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Here's a buddy, Jacob Bergeron (also a member here) shooting the bow:

-

--------------------

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©