3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River
mnbwhtr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnbwhtr   Email mnbwhtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith arrived today. Will be in the field tomorrow if the rain and snow let up. Been shooting in the basement and she shoots where I'm looking so watch out Gobblers!
Posts: 433 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so impressed with Hope! Craftsman ship, grip, cast, and speed are all excellent. I've only shot it a couple dozen times under lights in the back yard. Although my arrows are tuned to my heavier bows, she shoots them well.

If it is not raining in the morning, I'll carry her afield in pursuit of an eastern gobbler.

Chad did a wonderful job packing her up, as it took me about 45 minutes to unpack her. He sent a "momento" along with her as I hope to do.

Kudos to Will for a fantastic bow built for a fantastic charity!

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2584 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the disappearing act. Pics and story coming.

--------------------
WVBA Member

Posts: 2584 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Well, it WAS raining and I didn't want to subject Hope to the harsh conditions. Then I was out of town for all of last week.

Yesterday I sat in the blind until about 9 am. Lots of gobbling, but all in the distance, and early. It was dead in my area. I had lots of work around the house, so I left at 9. It was 33 degrees!

I shot Hope some last evening. I absolutely love how accurate this bow is. I believe I shoot it better than any bow I've ever picked up!

I'm typing this from my blind at 6 am. More to come.

--------------------
WVBA Member

mnbwhtr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnbwhtr   Email mnbwhtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Faith has seen a lot of early mornings but no shots yet. Speaking of shooting, this bow really throws an arrow, I'm impressed with the cast it has. Most of the time I shoot about #55 and this bow matches them all. The turkeys are driving me nuts as well as the lack of sleep and it gets lite earlier every day. Maybe tomorrow will be better!
Posts: 433 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Nothing much to report as the last two days were the slowest of the season. I am confident in this bow should I get a shot though.

--------------------
WVBA Member

fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Well, my turkey season is over. I'm sorry to say that I never got a shot after the "Hope" bow arrived. Tomorrow is the last day of season and I have two granddaughters that want me to take them out with their shotguns.

I did get a bird today though, a crow. I also shot a short video that my son is uploading to YouTube. I'll post a few more pics and the video link as soon as possible. Whomever gets this bow is going to be happy!

--------------------
WVBA Member

fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

https://imgur.com/a/V33dc

--------------------
WVBA Member

mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That bird gives a new meaning to the phrase, "Eating crow'.Way to stick after the toms and be a part of the adventures...you did better than I did! [thumbsup]

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 899 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Mark,
My granddaughter asked me what I was going to do with it and I said "eat it". I was waiting on a response like "Ugh!" To which I would have replied, "haven't you ever heard of "eating crow?". To my surprise she said absolutely nothing! [knothead]

--------------------
WVBA Member

mnbwhtr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9523

Well, I finally got a shot with Faith, had a jake come to about 20 yards, my bullhead dropped and missed the neck. Got some feathers and the jake walked off. My decoy was at 8 yards but he wasn't coming any closer. Tomorrows another day.
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Cool. As they say, that's the second best shot you could have made!

I was so impressed with "Hope", that I placed an order today with Will. Mine will be 60".

--------------------
WVBA Member

mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the most rewarding hunting experiences I know of is aiming for a gobblers head and being okay with accepting that it is truly a hit or miss shot, no close. Faith has been honored by your shot.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 899 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnbwhtr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9523

This weekend I went the trad shoot in Rochester Mn. Every left handed shooter got a chance to shoot Faith and a lot of good comments were mentioned. Today I had 4 different Toms respond but avoid me. I moved my blind for my next time out. Got til the end of the month!
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Hope is headed for Mississippi! I really thank Will Cocke and tradgang for the experience. I'm hoping and praying that these bows go high in the auction. They really should!

Sorry I couldn't get a shot at a big gobbler, but I really enjoyed my time with the bow.

--------------------
WVBA Member

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©