INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

memo

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Big Jim's Buffalo brace height

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Jim's Buffalo brace height
Kromer
Member # 44858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kromer   Email Kromer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased a new to me 62" 60# @ 28 Buffalo last fall, just getting around to setting it up. Bought a couple new Ten Ring strings and have some Easton Axis Traditional 400 with 100 grain inserts, would like to stick with my 150 grain Grizzlies. I've put a few arrows through it that are tuned for my 55# recurve but they seem to fly stiff. Anyone tuned a Buffalo before and found a brace range?
Posts: 35 | From: MN | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexander Traditional
Contributor 2017
Member # 35858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexander Traditional   Email Alexander Traditional   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two one piece and two three piece buffalos 64" and 66" They are all at 7 5-8"
Posts: 2339 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ky longbow
Member # 19307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ky longbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My buffalo bow is 62" as well but 48# @28". I like the brace height at 7 1/2" personally as that's where I've found it to shoot best with my set up. My arrows are gold tip blems 500 cut to 30 1/4" with 150 grain points and 50 grain brass inserts. Big Jim recommends typically 7 1/4" to 7 3/4" for the brace height on a buffalo bow but he also states that shooting and tuning to find whats most ideal for yourself. I don't think you should have a problem at all matching those arrows and inserts with your broadhead weight IMO. Big Jim is also very knowledgeable and can give you advice on finding a good set up, probably wouldn't hurt to send him a PM. I hope this helps!
Posts: 45 | From: Winchester, Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©