3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » One nock or two? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: One nock or two?
MIBIGHNTR
Contributor 2017
Member # 36993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIBIGHNTR   Email MIBIGHNTR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoughts please.... One nock or two on string? Shooting three-under specifically.

Thank you!

Posts: 340 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 11171 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think 2 over all is best...but 90% of the time I only have 1...doesn't seem to hinder me even when I'm playing around with unorthodox shots...I like 1 for quick nocking when hog hunting.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30612 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoCoBlackWidow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoCoBlackWidow   Email FoCoBlackWidow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've definitely had my best tuning results with one on each side of the nock. Just make sure you have a little play between the arrow and the bottom nocking point.

--------------------
FoCoBlackWidow

Posts: 141 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer two and shoot three under. I have a 1/16" gap between the bottom of the arrow nock and bottom string nock. At full draw, my top string nock and bottom string nock just come in contact with my arrow nock.

-

Here's a video on how I prefer to tie those adjustable string nocks.

https://youtu.be/jgk0y4WFRK0

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachbowhunter   Email beachbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two. I use the whip Tie method. I can't seem to get it right using Ryan's method. Just challenged I guess [knothead]

--------------------
Ishi was a Californian [Cool]

Posts: 3316 | From: CA ... where the turf meets the surf | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two
Posts: 783 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachbowhunter:
Two. I use the whip Tie method. I can't seem to get it right using Ryan's method. Just challenged I guess [knothead]

Definitely easier to tie and better string nocks out there. At times, my knot even frustrates myself... [Big Grin] LOL!
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katman
2017 Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2!

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3622 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYoung
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYoung   Email MYoung   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Played with this quite a bit and for me, shooting three under, one above and one below works best. Like was stated previously, leave a little wiggle room between the arrow knock and bottom knock point.

--------------------
Get er dun

Posts: 164 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 only because 3 would be overkill😄. I believe it is beneficial.
Posts: 480 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfer 2, however fine with one when concerned with need to quick nock.

Hunting from a ground blind may present nocking difficulties nearing the limits of shooting hours.

Have had mildly cold fingers and could not readily feel the nock index nor the string nock and needed to nock an arrow quickly.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6490 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For three under , go with two, unless the string fits your nocks just right. I prefer one under the arrow for split, but the serving and the nock need to be made to fit each other. I get strings from Chad and they fit my nocks perfectly for that purpose. Which reminds me, I need to get a few strings for next spring.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5793 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One. Makes it easier to nock an arrow quickly for me. I've shot bows with 2 nocks and didn't notice a difference, I just had to look down in order to nock the arrow, which in a hunting situation I don't really want to have to do.
Posts: 427 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you handle the arrow by the nock, it is possible to feel the nocking point or points and hit it without looking. With full length arrows and skinny nocks with no index that may be more difficult. I use Mercury nocks on wood and aluminum.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5793 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©