3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Nockturnal Lighted Nocks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nockturnal Lighted Nocks
lt-m-grow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lt-m-grow   Email lt-m-grow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the comments BTW.
Posts: 1217 | From: Mount Horeb, WI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them on all my arrows strictly for helping me see where I hit and tracking. On my judo arrow I shot them as well so I can find my arrow if buried under something. I lost two arrows in Kansas without lighted nocks.

--------------------
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Posts: 1119 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are these traditional?

(tongue in cheek) as I know several people don't support them because they are an advancement in technology. I don't know that I can agree to their point. Yes, they are technology, but they're also designed to help with game recovery, which should be all of our main objective, right?

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3017 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my mind and the reason I use them is comparable to a string tracker. It helps me make a better decision on whether to track right away or wait because I can see my shot better and if the arrow goes with the animal it helps me find the animal I just shot.

There are two things that tie my guts in a knot. Wounding an animal or losing one I know is going to die. This helps me avoid those two situations.

There are people on this site that use the string trackers and although I have never used one, I can sure see where they would be a good thing when a turkey takes off flying with your arrow.

--------------------
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Posts: 1119 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ranger 3
Contributor 2014
Member # 3123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ranger 3   Email ranger 3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a lot of thinks we use that aren't traditional but we still use them.

--------------------
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Posts: 3215 | From: il | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC   Email LC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm about the most traditional person I know! I make my own laminated recurve bows, make my own strings, make my own fletching out of turkeys I beg from friends, do my own butchering of meat, do my own taxidermy, and make my own knives to butcher! With that said I USE carbon arrows and lighted nocks. Specifically Nocturnals! I can't imagine hunting without them! To each their own.
So I guess I fall out of the realm for trad police! So be it! Been at this "trad" thing for about 40 years now!

--------------------
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Posts: 1223 | From: Morgantown, WV | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not trying to be " traditional ", just trying to be me [goldtooth]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6230 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indianalongbowshooter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indianalongbowshooter   Email indianalongbowshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I left one laying on my bench for 2 weeks and it was still bright enough you could see it in the dark from a good distance..they last a really long time.

--------------------
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Posts: 2980 | From: rockville,indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got a pack to try and was shooting them last night! love them! they are awesome.

ordering some more packs today

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2050 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used them off and on thru the years. On two different occasions on solo bowhunts I found deer that I shot that otherwise would have been a grid search in the daylight. Steep shot angle on both that resulted in one hole going in and none coming out and no blood trail to speak of.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7155 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maxx Black
Contributor 2016
Member # 22936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxx Black   Email Maxx Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't help you shoot better but they do help with what you shot! Right?

--------------------
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Posts: 527 | From: Vermilion,Alberta | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tecum-tha
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tecum-tha   Email tecum-tha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For nighttime training they are fun.
For hunting? No thanks.

Posts: 887 | From: Boonville,Indiana | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like them but they clash with my loin cloth and clam shell knife.
I enjoy the romantic aspect's of traditional archery/ hunting but there is a place for technology.
Without it we'd still be in a loin cloth with stone tools.
Just don't let technology take the place of skill.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 928 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchymanny
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchymanny   Email Frenchymanny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drewsbow:
I'm not trying to be " traditional ", just trying to be me [goldtooth]

That's a quote! [clapper] [clapper]

F-Manny

--------------------
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 2834 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by longbow fanatic 1:
I'm late to the party. I've never shot lighted nocks.

It's really cool!

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2050 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©