3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Nockturnal Lighted Nocks (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nockturnal Lighted Nocks
katman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchymanny:
quote:
Originally posted by drewsbow:
I'm not trying to be " traditional ", just trying to be me [goldtooth]

That's a quote! [clapper] [clapper]

F-Manny

Excellent, my sentiment exactly Drew.

Really like the nocturnal's.

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3643 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2018
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't used mine 4+ years due to surgery and loss of my hog hunting lease. Shot one of my hog arrows with the Noctural nock the other day and still working after just sitting all that time!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8540 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broken Arrows
Contributor 2015
Member # 19763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broken Arrows   Email Broken Arrows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never used them. How do they effect the spine of the arrow? I assume they would stiffen the spine. Can you take one of your tuned arrows and just place the nock in and go for it or do you have to tune using them?

--------------------
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Posts: 372 | From: Washington | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWallace10327
Contributor 2018
Member # 15447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWallace10327   Author's Homepage   Email BWallace10327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've shot my some of my best 3d rounds when someone in the group shoots with these nocks, but only if they shoot accurately. The lighted nock just recently became legal to use in Colorado archery season, but I don't know why it was outlawed in the first place.

--------------------
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Posts: 863 | From: Four Corner Area, Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no extra tuning needed , just plug and play

How have you been Gery ?

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6230 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broken Arrows
Contributor 2015
Member # 19763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broken Arrows   Email Broken Arrows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel my wallet getting lighter.

--------------------
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Posts: 372 | From: Washington | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't always shoot them but they really help in low light to see where you hit. Here's a hunt that I self filmed where the luminock made it easy to see the hit especially for the viewers watching the footage.

https://youtu.be/X6ptIzpJmEA

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1283 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sightsee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sightsee   Email sightsee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what are your favorite lighted nocks?
Never used them before.
How many grains are they?

Posts: 211 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing well Drew, waiting on turkey season.

sightsee, nocturnals are highly thought of here. I have tried others but come back to them.

Broken arrows, as long as your setup well tuned its plug and play like drew said. Never had to adjust tune for the nocturnal nock.

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3643 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraigC
2017 Contributor
Member # 21562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraigC   Email CraigC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there a preferred color? Does one color show up better than the others?
Posts: 84 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LongbowArchitect
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LongbowArchitect   Email LongbowArchitect   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is there a preferred color? Does one color show up better than the others?"

I experimented with red and green Nocturnals while shooting 3D and found the green ones to show up much better (for me).

Posts: 306 | From: CO | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like green but the red is good as well

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6230 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexander Traditional
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexander Traditional   Email Alexander Traditional   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the way the blue looks,but think the red shows up the best. I like the green too,but not as much as the red.
Posts: 2407 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh H
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh H   Email Josh H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Green all the way.! It is so much brighter than red and blue.

Really helps when shooting a deer- no more guesses during low light situations

I killed a buck this year/ arrow went through and broke off .

My nockturnal stayed on while wedged in chest cavity.

I won’t hunt without them.

Josh

Posts: 55 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used red for the first time using a lighted nock this year. It was great! My old eyes have trouble following an arrow some times and I was able to see exactly where the arrow entered my buck. I'll never hunt without one after seeing how great they work.

--------------------
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Posts: 1877 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©