3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » A Day with David Waldrop, the Pac Seat , and Hogs (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Day with David Waldrop, the Pac Seat , and Hogs
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you got Zach down there and he brought home the bacon.
I like the additional height on the new model. How does the adapter kit work for the old ones? Did you convert yours?

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10409 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found two different numbers for David and neither one worked.

Please help!

Thank you!

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12021 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whip,
Zach loved it down there. I think he explored the entire property...young legs. He didn't want to come back to Aiken...but Mom prevailed [Smile]

To change the seat...the leg height adaptor is an inner and outer sleeve. Just cut the rubber cap off, slide in place, and glue on. To lower the seat, drill out rivets, drop seat 1 1/2 inch, and re-rivet. It's amazing how much more comfortable the seat is especially on your hamstring area that hangs over the seat.

Mudd...sent you a PM

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8511 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool pocs! LOVE MY PACSEAT! When I take it to soccer games with the daughter I get funny looks and I let folks sit in it and they are amazed how comfy it is.

J

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2050 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Covey
Contributor 2012
Member # 14989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Covey   Email Covey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pacseat is fantastic! I've had my two for a few years. My have to try the mod or maybe I'll just by another one! :0)
Posts: 1920 | From: South Central Indiana | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David has a few new items he is thinking of adding to the seat. I'm not at liberty to divulge what they might be...but if you are a Turkey hunter or Hog hunter you will definitely like these!

I can't tell you how much fun I had talking & hunting with David...a real Southern Gentleman!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8511 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gib
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gib   Email Gib   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Jeff ,i tried to send you a p.m. for the phone number for david ,,but the computer wouldn't let me send it???? Thanks gib
Posts: 161 | From: Grayling, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joebuck
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joebuck   Email joebuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread made me homesick for the Paradise and old friends! especially those 2!

--------------------
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Posts: 2149 | From: Oxford Ms 38655 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Joey,
At 71, I feel like a kid in the candy store being a new member at the Paradise!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

tippit
Member # 1030

Gib sent you a PM

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tippit:
...To lower the seat, drill out rivets, drop seat 1 1/2 inch, and re-rivet. It's amazing how much more comfortable the seat is especially on your hamstring area that hangs over the seat.

Jeff, is this right, or do you mean RAISE the seat by 1 1/2 inches to match the extra length you just added to the front legs?

I am just getting ready to do this, and wondered if I am thinking incorrectly.

Also, I was planning to drill out the two old rivets, and reuse one of the two holes (top one?) as I re-position my bracket. This will give me just over an inch change rather than the full 1 1/2 like the front legs, but require only one new hole in the frame. Figured that was good from both a strength and accuracy standpoint. Thoughts, anyone?

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1836 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1836 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meathead
2017 Contributor
Member # 5557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meathead   Email meathead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know if you guys were short like me you wouldn't have to worry about all these changes. The seat is the perfect height. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1137 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Daryl,
I did say raised in my original explanation...but you better call David first being my hearing is so poor. PM'd you his phone # incase you don't have it...Jeff

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see this as a perfect 'how to' to add to the forum here if someone get's with David and takes photo's. I've got a new version (based on the pictures Tippit posted) and have used it for the last few years. It's an incredible seat and well worth the money.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4327 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©