3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » THE TRADITION LIVES ON, Signature Bow (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: THE TRADITION LIVES ON, Signature Bow
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob Wesley....

-

-

Posts: 2294 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a blast!!
[archer]

Posts: 2294 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

-

-

T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T. W. Harris   Email T. W. Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you again my friend.

Terry Harris

Posts: 1601 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STICKBENDER98
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 18516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STICKBENDER98   Email STICKBENDER98   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, I really hope you can make it to Kalamazoo with the Signature Bow in January. I have been following this thread since it started, it's great to see all the pictures on its road to completion. Great job!!!!

Jason

--------------------
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try! Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Posts: 626 | From: Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T. W. Harris   Email T. W. Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, unless something unexpected happens, I'll be there and will be displaying the signature bow.

Terry Harris

Posts: 1601 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

-

-

T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Thanks Tony,

Above's a photo of T.J. Conrads, owner of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. Taking the tradition of our sport all over the world with this great magazine.
Terry Harris

Also, a little piece of his history in traditional archery.

What part of the country are you from and what was your earliest memory introducing you to traditional archery.

Answer: "My father picked up two lemonwood longbows back in the late 1950s and we had those for many years. I remember saving up 25¢ to buy three wooden arrow with those pressed on metal tips. I actually killed a jackrabbit (and my mother's prized Bantam rooster, Jose, with one of those longbows. I fell in love with the bow arrow at a very young age.”

T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Let's bring this back up.

Terry Harris

Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

-

-

T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Thank you Tony.

Here's a part of Dick's history that will be in "The Tradition Lives On" book, that goes with the bow.

Question: Can you share your most memorable moment you had, such as a hunt or some other event while enjoying this sport.

Answer: "Perhaps topping the most memorable would be the 1965 Trip to Mozambique, Portuguese East Africa. This was from boarding the plane in Omaha to join the group (hosted by Fred Bear) in New York until my return to Omaha about 7 weeks later, like a dream. I had to pinch myself every day that all this was real".

Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

quote:
Originally posted by T. W. Harris:
Thank you Tony.

Here's a part of Dick's history that will be in "The Tradition Lives On" book, that goes with the bow.

Question: Can you share your most memorable moment you had, such as a hunt or some other event while enjoying this sport.

Answer: "Perhaps topping the most memorable would be the 1965 Trip to Mozambique, Portuguese East Africa. This was from boarding the plane in Omaha to join the group (hosted by Fred Bear) in New York until my return to Omaha about 7 weeks later, like a dream. I had to pinch myself every day that all this was real".

Terry,
Many here including me can only imagine such a hunting experience with the big names you have encountered in your traditional hunting endeavors....

T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Tony, I've got some very interesting stories that will all be in the book.

I won't get to meet all of these outstanding individuals, but I will have met a great majority of them, especially after I attend Kalamazoo.

Terry

Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

-

-

T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Thanks Tony,

Here's a photo of Barry Wensel and a little of his story about traditional archery. Terry Harris
When asked what was it that inspired him to get into traditional archery?

His answer was, " I really wasn’t “inspired” to get into it, I was just handed a small longbow to “play” with. Our dad taught us the basics/safety, etc. and turned us loose, obviously watching us from a distance. Dad was one who always wanted to teach us but then lets us grow and learn from our mistakes, making suggestions along the way."

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©