3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Much anticipated Blacktail arrives! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Much anticipated Blacktail arrives!
Straitshot
2017 Contributor
Member # 1836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straitshot   Email Straitshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit over eight months ago I started a thread here on TradGang inquiring if anyone was able to give me a comparison concerning the shooting characteristics between the Blacktail one piece recurve and their new Sitka three piece take down as I was going to order a new bow but was undecided as to which one. A gentleman responded to my post telling me he had a new Sitka with specs similar to what I shoot and only lived a short distance from where I did and if I wanted I could come out to his home and shoot his Sitka. I did and consequently placed my order to Blacktail for a new Sitka take down recurve and the wait began.

This last Thursday the 8 month wait culminated in a package being delivered to my home. With great anticipation I opened the box and the following photos are what was revealed. My new Blacktail Sitka T2, 60”AMO, 47#@28”. I am elated as to how it turned out. I started shooting it s soon as I could get it together and the string on. The string already had the silencers and nocking locater installed. I set the brace height and headed to the back yard. I shot it for awhile and the string settled in some so I reset the brace height and shot some more. I only went in because it started getting too hot. I would give it a break until later in the evening as the temperature began to cool down. That evening I shot until it became too dark to see the arrows flying to the target.

I have been shooting the bow off and on now for not quite three days and man does this bow perform well. I am so pleased and just wanted to share what this awesome bow looks like.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
A man's true measure is not found in what he says, but in what he does.

Posts: 966 | From: San Angelo, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful! Congrats and enjoy>>----->
Posts: 2649 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a beautiful bow! [thumbsup]

Steve Jr

--------------------
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2150 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doubleo
Contributor 2016
Member # 12581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doubleo   Email doubleo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Sweet bow! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Posts: 1483 | From: Plymouth,Wi. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oldgoat
Contributor 2015
Member # 21086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldgoat   Email oldgoat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nice Louis bring it out to DM in the morning I'd like to see it and the 54 black powder you snagged also.
Bob

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 384 | From: West Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a sweet one for sure. The Sitka is their best model IMHO. You chose well. Isn't it just awesome the way they package and present the bow, wrapped in tissue paper and a Blacktail ribbon? They do it up to the Nth degree.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow
62" W&W Black Wolf + Uukha EX1's
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7111 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW [saywhat] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1284 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stunning! Blacktail is on my list too!
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4336 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful! I think I would move to a cooler climate just so I could shoot it all day.
Posts: 4204 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woodpuppy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woodpuppy   Email Woodpuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! I got mine in December, but had to wait for the kids to go down. I set a flashlight on the brick pile and pointed it at the target so I could shoot!

--------------------
TBOF
Horse Creek Traditional Archey Club

Posts: 141 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huckbuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huckbuck   Author's Homepage   Email huckbuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow Louis! It will look even better next to one of those Texas whitetails!

--------------------
Kansas Coffey Club

Posts: 444 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyguysc
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyguysc   Email flyguysc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome pretty, happy trails with that bow.

--------------------
Winners make commitments ,Loser make excuses

Posts: 184 | From: Beaufort ,sc | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely stunning ! Congrats [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3901 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhill1520
2017 Contributor
Member # 34466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhill1520   Email dhill1520   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice how! Love the colors!
Enjoy!

--------------------
Kempf Kwyk Styk 60" 58#@28"
D/H Super Diablo 60" 57@28"
Pearson Rogue 60" 50@28"

PBS Associate Member
Trad. Bowhunters of Washington

Posts: 46 | From: Woodland, WA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©