3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Kwik Lok arrow holder for axis arrows?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kwik Lok arrow holder for axis arrows?
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thinking of using an arrow holder for tree stand and ground blind hunts. will the Kwik Lok from 3rivers work with black axis shafts?

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2361 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Richard
Contributor 2016
Member # 34555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Richard   Email Rick Richard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the hole diameter is a bit too large, wrap a rubber band around on of the ears until the desired opening. This worked for me in the past.
Posts: 1316 | From: Conover, NC | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Carlsen
Contributor 2017
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Carlsen   Email Bill Carlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that they come with some sort of rubber thingy that you slip over the grip to hold small diameter arrows. Before you buy one call the seller and ask. My favorite holder is the sta jac. Found two on **** last month and bought both of them.

--------------------
The best things in life....aren't things!

Posts: 5246 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katman
2017 Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use this with the skinny widowmakers and x-impacts.
http://www.3riversarchery.com/aro-holder.html

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3627 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cy14561
Contributor 2017
Member # 37762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cy14561   Email Cy14561   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It works with my axis traditionals
Posts: 149 | From: tx | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They come with bands to make them work on small diameter carbons.
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2624 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use an old kwikee quiver and have that tree screw mount thingy?? just pop quiver off bow and onto tree

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2050 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes not enough space on the riser to get good adherence of the Kwik lock arrow holder.

If you can find one, try a Sta jac. No longer made, but they sometimes come up on the big auction site. Affix with double back foam tape. They stay put and grip small carbon arrows.

Posts: 8587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have several bows that wouldn't permit the normal mounting of a Kwik-Loc, so I reverse mounted them to hold the arrow at the front of the riser.

To release it and shoot, I grasp the nock of the arrow and push the string forward about one inch before drawing.

I think of it as if it were my "safety," and the first thing I do when an animal comes into site I may decide to shoot is "take the safety off."

I have been doing this for years and it has worked very well for me. In fact, I have set all my bows up this way so everything is consistent and I never have to think about it. YMMV, but it's been a winning method for me...

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1836 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowArkie
Contributor 2016
Member # 41001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowArkie   Email BowArkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They come with bands that will work with smaller diameter shafts.. They work well with my injexions
Posts: 56 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks guys. next question- how far off center can you mount it before it won't be long enough to reach around and grab the arrow? the bow i want to use it on has kwikee quiver riser inserts. i thought about making a plate of the appropriate shape that bolts on via the inserts that the kwik loc could stick to. this would allow quick removal from the bow and mounting the kwik loc without it being directly on the bow. it's just that doing this it will move it further away from the arrow meaning it might not be long enough to reach around and grab it.

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2361 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©