3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » OK, fill me in on Georgia pigs (coastal) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OK, fill me in on Georgia pigs (coastal)
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Robert offers to take you hunting, you'd be really smart to jump on that offer. And if you're in Darien you'd be really smart to stop at B&J's steak and seafood. Best fried shrimp and oysters on the coast IMHO.

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1364 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kamu
Member # 16180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kamu   Email Kamu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man get with RC. He will show you how to get it done for sure in those swamps. I followed him around Fort Stewart for a day and learned a awful allot. He is the swamper!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
US Army Infantryman
OIF,OEF Vet
Praise be to the Lord, My Rock, Who Trains my hands for war, My fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress, My strong Mold and My Deliverer, My shield, In whom I take refuge, Who subdues peoples under me.

Posts: 53 | From: Fort Jackson | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have added, the Altamaha WMA is mostly for ducks but there are hogs there. Last Jan/Feb I didn't see a live hog when I was there but there were two road kill pigs south of the bridge. It was my first time walking around Altamaha and I wanted to hit a few other WMA up river as well, all the way to Horse Crick. It poured and there were tornados all the while I was there, everything was flooded bad and there was a fair amount of damage as far north as Savanah. I wouldn't say any of the WMA's are over run with hogs from what I saw and the biggest indicator besides lack of sign was acorns everywhere. When it floods the acorns pile up on the flood line and hogs have that figured out and clean them up. There were buckets of acorns waiting to to be eaten. Saw plenty of deer and squirrels and Horse Crick was covered up with turkeys but saw only one live hog all week. There are still hogs but I think the numbers are down. They ain't going to go away just not as many as there were in the past is all.

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1364 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchymanny
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchymanny   Email Frenchymanny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Georgia and pigs.... What could be better?

F-Manny

--------------------
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 2844 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Rothhaar
Charter
Member # 2652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Rothhaar   Email Ryan Rothhaar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to thank all you guys for the info... things got weird the past couple weeks and haven't been on here.

And RC...I'll be in touch! I appreciate the offer and I'll take you up on it....some of the pig killin' skills will have to rub off [Smile]

R

Posts: 1226 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to you Ryan... I hope you enjoy Georgia. Maybe sometime I can meet you when you're down... if you come down 75 you'll drive right by my house.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff D. Holchin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff D. Holchin   Email Jeff D. Holchin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RC, isn't that the place where you taught me the meaning of the old NASCAR phrase "rubbing is racing"? We were using our bikes to get way back in but I innocently tried to pass you on a curve and found out what it must have been like to pass Dale Earnhart [scared]
Remember that?

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at http://probow.discussion.community

Posts: 487 | From: Hickory, North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya Jeff. Only two people on 10,000 acres and we have a bike wreck...lol.
Posts: 4948 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
I hear ya Jeff. Only two people on 10,000 acres and we have a bike wreck...lol.

TOO FUNNY!!!

Does that mean you are a game hog Jeff?!?!? [biglaugh]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, watch the tides if you hunt from a boat, they can leave your stranded until you run out of water.
Most of what RC says is true, I noticed though, that he didn't tell you that I taught him almost everything he knows.....

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4500 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©