3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 15 days and I'm so not ready! How about you? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 15 days and I'm so not ready! How about you?
H1tman7
2017 Contributor
Member # 36325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H1tman7   Email H1tman7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya.... I'm 18 days out from heading to Kodiak for black tail and I'm way behind in my physical prep...
Posts: 124 | From: Overland Park Kansas | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable August morning. Pulling SD cards on 7 cameras this morning.

Am pumped with anticipation.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6455 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISP 5353
Contributor 2015
Member # 5160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP 5353   Email ISP 5353   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just need to set a couple more stands and I am ready. Shooting well, physically and mentally ready, and looking forward to October 1st!
Posts: 1471 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWallace10327
Contributor 2017
Member # 15447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWallace10327   Author's Homepage   Email BWallace10327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not ready. I wasn't expecting to bow hunt, so I spent the summer thus far fishing and drinking beer in my free time. Nothing wrong with my shooting, the problem lies with the shooter. I've got a few weeks, but I doubt I'll get into comfortable "elk shape" by opening day.

--------------------
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Posts: 844 | From: Four Corner Area, Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just moved and all my stuff is in storage because we are remodeling our "new to us" house. It was all supposed to be done by now, and I was supposed to be 100% concentrating on my trip to Africa now. As it stands, I have had much less practice than I would have liked, and feel almost like I should not even be going because of all the stuff that still needs to be done at the house. I leave one week from tomorrow, and feel like there is no way I'm gonna be ready.

Once I get there though, I know the peace and serenity of the hunt will be well appreciated!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11633 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jbseitz
Contributor 2017
Member # 45056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jbseitz   Email Jbseitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 15th is deer season here in CT. Still have a new spot to scout and two stands to hang. Have to make it happen pretty quick i have meniscus surgery Sept 5th yikes! Figure getting the stands up will push me into a speedy recovery, if not its ground hunting for me [Smile]
Posts: 52 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David McLendon
Contributor 2017
Member # 17606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McLendon   Email David McLendon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shooting in new and back up strings getting everything settled in along with lots of broadhead sharpening. It's that time of year when hair on the left arm starts disappearing.

--------------------
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Posts: 731 | From: Oak Ridge, NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
O-5
Member # 40021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for O-5   Email O-5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We sure thought we were - until a bunch of pigs showed up.
Posts: 7 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_goat2
Contributor 2014
Member # 35569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old_goat2   Author's Homepage   Email old_goat2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right there with you, haven't had my backpack on since May! Luckily I get a lot of exercise at work! Everything is basically procured though, so other than not getting out with my pack on all I have to do is sharpen broadheads and put my pack together. Now the monsoons are so bad I don't see myself getting up to do any of the stuff I planned either, wanted to put a treestand up by a wallow with pretty easy access, guess that ain't happening!

--------------------
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Posts: 2115 | From: ArvadaCO | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My go to bow for the past two seasons still has arrows ready go. My new go to bow now has arrows ready to go and I am shooting fine. since, I will be in a maintenance stutus for a while dove and bunny seasons won't start until after i get back from our canoe trip, I am spending the next few weeks setting up a couple of newbies to traditional bowhunting. It will be a challenge to see if they can be ready to go by October's deer hunting start.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5748 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Completed sets 6 and 7 today.

Three WI Clover foodplots bushogged this week.

Late fall and winter WI Ambush foodplots planted this week.

Getting closer.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6455 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©