3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Tuning a Bear Kodak Magnum (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tuning a Bear Kodak Magnum
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shoot mine with a 8 1/4"BH and a feather rest.

--------------------
Bear Kodiak - Bear Kodiak Magnum - Bear Kodiak T/D

Posts: 1275 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Wesley
Member # 45280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Wesley   Email John Wesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would the benefit of a feather rest be? Never used one? And getting a brace height up 1"-1 1/2" would I be better getting a shorter string or would I be fine twisting it that much?

--------------------
"The truth is I'm always saddened when I kill an animal. It's not remorse I feel, I know why I'm a hunter. It's out of respect. Sometimes hunts go quick,sometimes they take years..but there's always a story and one that's usually worth telling."

Posts: 16 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Wesley
Member # 45280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Wesley   Email John Wesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Got my brace height up to 8" and now my arrows are shooting the straightest they've ever been. Bareshaft and fletched

--------------------
"The truth is I'm always saddened when I kill an animal. It's not remorse I feel, I know why I'm a hunter. It's out of respect. Sometimes hunts go quick,sometimes they take years..but there's always a story and one that's usually worth telling."

Posts: 16 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your string is twisted too much, measure your string when braced for tune and have a reputable string maker twist you one up at that "actual string length" under tension. AMO length can vary from maker to maker in what you actually get vs what works in actual string kength. I like a very casual flemish twist in my final string length,

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7220 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©