3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » moose camp - story and pics pg 4 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: moose camp - story and pics pg 4
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been working out for months. Three miles with pack and boots every morning. Gear is finally in place and ready to pack. Bows and arrows about tuned.
This year is special in that Jason is going again and bringing his brother in law, Tyler. Jason has been on wilderness hunts his whole life but this is Tyler's first. I get texts and calls everyday with questions and his excitement is very contagious. Going to be fun for sure.

Jason, Tyler and I fly out of DFW on the 9th of Sept. and into camp on the 14th. John had a schedule conflict so he will be coming into camp on the 17th. Let's say he will owe us for setting camp, cutting wood, packing water etc. but I know he'd rather be with us those first few days. We are going to try our darnedest to have a moose down before he arrives.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9359 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds exciting. Have a safe successful trip.
Posts: 4816 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very envious Mike!
Have fun.
G

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2058 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someday......
Good luck....

Posts: 634 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to all of y'all, Mike!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11833 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember to pack the camera!

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3014 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What bow set up will you be using?

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1101 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be rooting for you, John and Tyler.

Enjoy a most memorable and safe hunt.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6605 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BDann
Contributor 2017
Member # 9875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BDann   Email BDann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck! Where are y'all hunting?
Posts: 1188 | From: Kingwood, Texas | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What bow set up will you be using?"
John is shooting the Elite Origin with Prototype Dryad limbs.

Jason is shooting a titan 19" with RCTX proto limbs.

Tyler is a wheel bow guy.

I'm not hunting this year because I got my bull last year. So I'm carrying the camera and stuff.

"Where are y'all hunting?"

Alaska!!

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

Posts: 9359 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a great time. Good luck!!
Posts: 668 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatshooter   Email Flatshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck Mike! My buddy and I will be taking off for Alberta on Oct 1 for a 6 day moose hunt with Bowhunting Safari Outfitters. Can't wait! Weather permitting, there should be plenty of activity during the rut this year!
Posts: 2930 | From: Eagleville, TN, | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

With less then 4 weeks to go, Jason and I are starting to get the meals prepared and dehydrated for our moose hunt in Alaska.
Yesterday we prepared Jambalaya and I just put it in the dehydrator. It will be ready to vacuum pack in the morning.

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Got 4 pounds of moose burger with onions, peppers, garlic and seasoning going now. Will finish it today and stick it in the frig.
Will dehydrate tomorrow. This will be used in combo with partial cook meals with pasta or rice and stuff. four pounds equals two more meals.

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

The Night Stalker
Contributor 2017
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Night Stalker   Email The Night Stalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are packed and ready with a moose, caribou and wolf tags. It will be a new experience hunting different animals. It has been a learning curve for the first time.

--------------------
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 1298 | From: Ashe County, NC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©