3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » moose camp - story and pics pg 4 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: moose camp - story and pics pg 4
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 days to moose camp....

AWWWWEEE SHAD UP !!!!!!!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31097 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Jambalaya finished up last night so I put the cooked burger in the dehydrator. It will complete in a couple of hours this morning.

I'll cook some dirty rice with onions, peppers and moose burger today and get it in the process.

We've got 14 meals to prepare and pack but have plenty of time.

Also will be doing our own energy bars again this year. Might get a batch of maple-bacon bars done today also after work.

Jason and I really enjoy doing the prep for these hunts and I know our hunting party appreciates the effort.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9354 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck!
Posts: 3027 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cameras? We have 4 go pros and two video cameras.

Also carry my cell phone that takes the best pics that I can do.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

Posts: 9354 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NYRON
SPONSOR
Member # 2083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYRON   Email NYRON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck, Mike. It sounds like a great hunt and I'm sure you guys will have a blast.

I leave for Newfoundland on September 22 and have been packing gear already this week.

--------------------
A Traditional Bowhunter's Path: Lessons and Adventures at Full Draw

www.TraditionalSpiritOutdoors.com

Posts: 483 | From: Finger Lakes Region, New York | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akbowbender
2017 Contributor
Member # 14795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akbowbender   Email akbowbender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect timing for the rut. Good luck!

--------------------
Chuck

Posts: 1177 | From: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Chuck,

Yep this late hunt unit is a rut hunters dream.
Last year I got a bull on the 3rd day that was following a young cow around like a 16 yr. old school boy.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Got some black beans and rice with moose burger done yesterday and dehydrated over night.

6 meals down. . . 9 to go.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

lt-m-grow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lt-m-grow   Email lt-m-grow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike I know that you got your hands full now, but can you (or maybe you have) share with us upon return your dehydration technique?

Not the recipes...more the how far you cook it at first (all the way, half way?), how you place it in the dehydrater, what kind of dehydrator, how you prepare it in camp, how much water you add etc.

I have read your comments about how great they are over store bought and I would like to do it for my next trip.

Thanks and Good luck ... too.

Posts: 1216 | From: Mount Horeb, WI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imbowhunt10
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbowhunt10   Email imbowhunt10   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A hunt of a lifetime I'm sure. Enjoy every moment, and best of luck.

--------------------
Everyday is a good day, just some better than others.

Posts: 483 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

A hunt of a lifetime that we do every year. At my age I'm afraid to not go as it could be my last time. LOL

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Dave,

We have a Cabela's dehydrator. It's large enough to do a dinner for four at one time.

This year with four in camp we will be doing one pot meals.

Really our meals fall into three categories.

- fully cooked recipes from scratch that are just add hot water, stir and wait 20 minutes.
Jambalaya, Chili Verde, Chili Mac, Turkey burrito bomb, etc.

- fully cooked meals from a box with moose burger from the freezer.

Zaterains and other rice dishes

- partial cooked meals from a box with dehydrated meat. Velveeta skillet dinners work well.

All meals are ready within 30 minutes with little fuss.

I dehydrate a bunch of sliced mushrooms to add to meals.

We also take fresh veggies in like potatoes, carrots, onions and peppers. They go well with moose steak, grouse and snowshoe rabbits.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

lt-m-grow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lt-m-grow   Email lt-m-grow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wingnut:
Dave,

We have a Cabela's dehydrator. It's large enough to do a dinner for four at one time.

This year with four in camp we will be doing one pot meals.

Really our meals fall into three categories.

- fully cooked recipes from scratch that are just add hot water, stir and wait 20 minutes.
Jambalaya, Chili Verde, Chili Mac, Turkey burrito bomb, etc.

- fully cooked meals from a box with moose burger from the freezer.

Zaterains and other rice dishes

- partial cooked meals from a box with dehydrated meat. Velveeta skillet dinners work well.

All meals are ready within 30 minutes with little fuss.

I dehydrate a bunch of sliced mushrooms to add to meals.

We also take fresh veggies in like potatoes, carrots, onions and peppers. They go well with moose steak, grouse and snowshoe rabbits.

Mike

THANKS!
Posts: 1216 | From: Mount Horeb, WI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun, be safe . I just got back from 8 days fishing on the Nushagak River ... lots of fish !!

best of luck to all

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4709 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Got some kicked up Zaterain's Dirty rice with fresh peppers, onions and a couple pounds of moose burger cooking now. Will put in the frig over night and dehydrate tomorrow. I'd do it tonight but I have sliced baby portabela mushrooms dehydrating right now.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©