INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Great time at mcgroundstalker's place

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great time at mcgroundstalker's place
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent a nice day at Mikey's place in the Catskills. Went down for a social call before the muzzy shoot. Shot the excellent course Mike has set up in his woods......very challenging. First shot was downhill at a 3/D deer and I knew I would shoot over it......I did !!! The all heck broke loose as a deer took off from behind the target.....a buck in velvet. When I got my arrow from the swamp/swale grass it was 18" in front of the deer's bed. That was a close one......lol. Mike made a great stir fry lunch and good conversation was had. He is one of the good ones. Many thanks for having me down. [Not Worthy]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15788 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you guys had a great time! [archer2]

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5482 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I broke a couple of arrows down there.......I remember the tough shots.......forgot how many rocks there are in the Catskills. They are everywhere. But it always amazes me just how tough a wood arrow can be.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15788 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nontypical
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nontypical   Email nontypical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike is good people for sure!

--------------------
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Posts: 750 | From: Roaming the Wilds of NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry that I couldn't make it. Mikeys a great host!!

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3568 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat   Email kat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always a good time at Mike's. He has a big heart, and likes to share.

--------------------
Ken Thornhill

Posts: 1799 | From: wilton, n.y. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©