3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Favorite broadhead (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Favorite broadhead
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have used many different things. I always liked 4blade zwicky deltas. But here lately Simmons has been in my quiver treesharks mainly.

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1287 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
texbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for texbow2   Email texbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
175 gr Woodsman Elite, non vented. Are these the same as VPAs? Also like the carbon snuffers(does magnus even still make them)
Posts: 181 | From: georgetown, texas | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imbowhunt10
Contributor 2017
Member # 9995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbowhunt10   Email imbowhunt10   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grizzly Instinct
Woodsman
Snuffer....in this order of preference, although any of the three are first class broadheads.

--------------------
Everyday is a good day, just some better than others.

Posts: 478 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mec lineman
2017 Contributor
Member # 29030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mec lineman   Email mec lineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simmons sharks, wensels, grizzlies

--------------------
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!" Northern Mist Baraga , Kota Killum, Tall Tines Stickflinger ,Omega Imperial & Ten Ring strings

Posts: 631 | From: southern virginia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huskyarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huskyarcher   Email huskyarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woodsman

--------------------
------------
Dalton Lewis
PBS Associate Member
Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Posts: 1432 | From: Ashe County, North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bucknut
2017 Contributor
Member # 40674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucknut   Email bucknut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cutthroats and Woodsman elite/VPA
Posts: 529 | From: S. E. Ohio | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Casto Jr
Contributor 2014
Member # 3606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Casto Jr   Email Jim Casto Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many good heads these days and all of them will do fine. I've been using Grizzly's for several years now.

--------------------
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot."
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008

Posts: 1203 | From: WV | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billy dryden
Member # 41109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billy dryden   Email billy dryden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the woodsman heads. Easy to get sharp and short blood trails.
Posts: 76 | From: tuscarawas county ohio | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David McLendon
Contributor 2017
Member # 17606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McLendon   Email David McLendon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have "A" favorite, but I bought a slew of 160 Magnus 2 blade before they quit making them. I haven't found anything that they won't kill, I'd shoot a T-Rex with one.
Simmons Tree Sharks I have and like but the Centaur heads are heavier built and available in glue on. Snuffers have never let me down and are an easy blood trail to follow. All are easy to sharpen up to the point that you are scared to be in the same room with them.

--------------------
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand, and my fletching is about as left-wing as I get.

Posts: 766 | From: Oak Ridge, NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperK   Email SuperK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zwickeys, Ace standards, Magnus II. I've narrowed it down about as much as I can....

--------------------
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Posts: 1412 | From: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deerfly
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deerfly   Email deerfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have a few bear razorheads left from the early 70's that I use from time to time. Went through a time where 125gr snuffers were my go to head. Last 20 years or so been mostly about 2 blades, grizzly, rib tek and stos. Lately been settled on ace 145 or 160's. Pretty rough out of the package, but like razorheads respond very well to file sharpening. So I can touch them up in the field with only a file. Very good quality at a good price.
Posts: 708 | From: Brooksville, Florida | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nowadays we are blessed with tons of great broadheads, lately I am been using single bevels. The only 3 blade I like are the VPA, Cutthroat , Grizzly, Abowyer, Tuffhead are all on my quivers. Since they are sharp I can go wrong.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9121 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deltas and No Mercy,both in my quiver
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2616 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowhunter4life
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowhunter4life   Email Bowhunter4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VPA Terminator 250 grain 1 1/4" screw-in, and Big Jim's Big-3 300 grain 1 1/2" screw-in...

Also use Magnus 1 2-blades 135 and 160 grain weighted up to 250 - 260 grains with steel adapters...

Honorable mention: Snuffer, Zwickey Delta, Silver Flame DS, Centaur Big Game and Battle Axe, Simmons...

--------------------
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5243 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VPA 175 grains

-

Posts: 2598 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©