INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » draw length question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: draw length question
canuck4570
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canuck4570   Email canuck4570   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a few years ago when I started trad I ordered a Whip from
Dan
when ordering I thought that since my draw length with compound was 29 then it would be the same for the whip
so I ordered a Whip at 36 pounds and with a 29 inches draw….
this bow shoot good and I like it
but with time I decided to check my draw length and to my surprise it was only 27
I am looking to order another one and was wondering if I should order it with the same draw length or go for 27
your toughs on it please

Posts: 329 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer1019
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archer1019   Email Archer1019   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did the 36# feel to you? If no issues why question it.

--------------------
..believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.. Acts 16:31

Posts: 283 | From: N Central Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nek4me
Contributor 2017
Member # 44724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nek4me   Email nek4me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying the bow is 36# at 29" or only about 31# at your 27" draw? Are you looking to move up in draw weight? Guess what you are asking is not clear.
Posts: 225 | From: MA and Northeast VT | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canuck4570
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canuck4570   Email canuck4570   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no at 70 years old

been speaking with Dan lately and the whip he could go down as far a 25#

yes you are correct 31# that is what made me check my draw length because on the spine selector on 3 rivers the numbers where of and has soon has I put in 31# bingo my arrow that was shooting fantastic (paper test) was A OK

Posts: 329 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRY309
Contributor 2016
Member # 1191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRY309   Email JRY309   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Draw length is usally with a traditional bow then with a compound.The shape of the handle and anchor point.Most people use a release with a compound and draw further back.Your draw may even be shorter with say a straight grip Hill style bow.Talk with Dan,I'm sure he can answer any questions you have.I have a 27" draw and usally order most of my bows at 27",for myself.With your bow 36#@29 and you draw 27" you are drawing closer to 30#.
Posts: 6197 | From: ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©