3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Shopping for a new climber ... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Shopping for a new climber ...
ptaylortx
Member # 46357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ptaylortx   Email ptaylortx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got an X-Stand sit and climb model headed this way but its delayed in Houston due to Harvey. It seemed the best choice for me. Light weight and an option for an open front. I'll give a review once it finally gets here.
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. fingers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. fingers   Email Mr. fingers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tracker12:
Im buying Lone Wolf not a copy by XOP. I'm not supporting a company that steals another design.

They didn't steal it!! The creator and original owner of Lone Wolf Andrea D Aquisto. Sold Lome Wolf a few,years back. Then later started XOP that his son now operates with the same designs (his).
Posts: 917 | From: Eveleth MN. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mississippidude
SPONSOR
Member # 45088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mississippidude   Email mississippidude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I choose comfort over anything, summit it is.

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.marketing.gen273.com

Posts: 47 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tracker12:
Im buying Lone Wolf not a copy by XOP. I'm not supporting a company that steals another design.

They're made by the exact same owner. He sold LW and not makes XOP's. So is that technically a copy?

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3051 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIVERWOLF
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIVERWOLF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really have found nothing "for me" that is more stable , bowhunter "Longbow" friendly than my Lone Wolf hand climber ....

I've hunted and killed a few critters from a few different portables , and tried several different climbers ....The Lone Wolf always has me feeling safe and secure on one of the most stable platforms on the market .....

--------------------
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Posts: 166 | From: ohio | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KevinK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK   Email KevinK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a summit classic (steel and not open front) and 2 Lone Wolfs (Assault hand climber and sit and climb). Like everyone else has said the summit wins in the comfort department but does not fold up very flat. Even the aluminum ones, although they are lighter they are still cumbersome. The Lone Wolfs are super easy to get in and out and I think easier to climb with and more stable. I like my Hand Climber the best for transporting and climbing but if I had to do it over again I would have gotten the full sized hand climber, the Assault platform has very little foot room and makes shots to the front difficult for me.

--------------------
Life can be complicated. Hunting shouldn't be.

Posts: 135 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TX,,,,,,pay attention to my signature...its going to change before the day is over...

[campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31252 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountain State Archer
2017 Contributor
Member # 17216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountain State Archer   Email Mountain State Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lone Wolf for for ease of back packing and quietness. Summet Open Shot for comfort and price. Both made in USA!
Posts: 267 | From: Southern West Virginia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX FLY CASTER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41861

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX FLY CASTER   Email TX FLY CASTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry Green....??????
Posts: 100 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bow hunt using a timbertall brute platform (bigger than LW platform but not too big) and a lone wolf hand climber top. Gun hunt with the timbertall platform with top that has a front rail

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4185 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gooserbat
2017 Contributor
Member # 10106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gooserbat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treewalker for me

--------------------
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Posts: 768 | From: Illinios River, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarrinG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarrinG   Email DarrinG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ptaylortx:
I've got an X-Stand sit and climb model headed this way but its delayed in Houston due to Harvey. It seemed the best choice for me. Light weight and an option for an open front. I'll give a review once it finally gets here.

Very interested in reading your review.

I'm also in the market for a new climber. I routinely hunt some very steep mountainous terrain on public lands and searching for a lightweight climber led me to the X-Stand X-1 model. The Summit Open Shot SD was at the top of my list at 15 lbs but then ran across the X-Stand X-1 at like 13.5 lbs. Lots of reviews on the Open Shot out there but not a lot of real world reviews on the X-Stand model. Anyone else own and use the X-1 model? If so, thoughts?

--------------------
Mark 1:17

Posts: 275 | From: Western NC | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gvdocholiday
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gvdocholiday   Author's Homepage   Email gvdocholiday   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I very much disliked the X-stand. It was noisy and difficult to climb with because of the way the platform doesn't strap tight to your feet.

Lonewolf binds on to your feet giving you complete control
Older model summits with the green footstrap were the same way(the newer plastic foot stirrups are garbage.

--------------------
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Posts: 656 | From: Back home in Brethren, MI | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to try them yourself. I knew a lot of guys who loved the Lone Wolf, I knew a lot of guys who don't. I tried it for a season And I didn't like it. I tried to love it but it just didn't work for me. I prefer the Summit. Still all in all my number 1 stand is my Loggy Bayou that I bought in 1988

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3578 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babs
Contributor 2015
Member # 17376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babs   Email babs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they could make one like the old loggy seat and a lone wolf bottom with summits foot stir ups that would be perfect

--------------------
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Gillo riser & Hoyt GMX riser
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Posts: 933 | From: Altoona, PA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©