3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Book recommendations (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Book recommendations
NYRON
SPONSOR
Member # 2083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYRON   Email NYRON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by Don Thomas is fantastic.

My book (A Traditional Bowhunter's Path), which has a Foreword by Don, is getting good reviews too.

If you buy from my website, I donate 10% to Compton Traditional Bowhunters or Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, the choice is yours.

You can also buy directly from Amazon.

Traditional Spirit Outdoors

--------------------
A Traditional Bowhunter's Path: Lessons and Adventures at Full Draw

www.TraditionalSpiritOutdoors.com

Posts: 481 | From: Finger Lakes Region, New York | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by C.J. Box, but especially his Joe Pickett novels. Joe Pickett is a Wyoming game warden and Mr. Box, a former warden himself I believe, truly brings Joe Pickett to life. Easy reading with short, quick chapters, and plenty of action and suspense. Great for reading while sitting quietly waiting for just the right opportunity. I've read everything Box has written and have not been disappointed yet. I suggest trying to read the Joe Pickett series in order. You can find the books on the auction site without a lot of trouble at reasonable prices. [campfire]
Posts: 4024 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legendary hunts. Great read. Lots of great stories, not necessarily bowhunting, but still really good.
Posts: 468 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
creekwood
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creekwood   Email creekwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bowguy67:
One of the best books I've read though not a trad book, it is a hunters book is Capstick's "Death in the Long Grass". Great book if you're looking for another book.

ditto
Posts: 825 | From: Linn County, Iowa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1flyfish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1flyfish   Email 1flyfish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For history buffs,plus it is outdoor themed read Undaunted Courage by Steven Ambrose about the Lewis and Clark Expedition.You will read about sheer determination and exploration at it best.It is truly amazing what these men endured and the navigation and mapping that was completed along the way.Enjoy

--------------------
JD Berry Morningstar
Howard Hill Tembo
McBroom ASL
"Keep em flying straight"

Posts: 227 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff D. Holchin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff D. Holchin   Email Jeff D. Holchin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably the best bowhunting book in my own library is "The best of Traditional Bowhunter".

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at http://professionalbowhunters.org/

Posts: 454 | From: Hickory, North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowslinger
Contributor 2017
Member # 16429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowslinger   Email bowslinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Anything by E. Donnall Thomas
-Bowhunting Alaska's Wild Rivers, the Bowyers Craft, A Thousand Campfires,and the Book of Primitive Archery by Jay Massey
-Secrets of the Omaha Bow by William Vonderhey
-Trailing a Bear by Robert S. Munger
-The Adventures of Fred Bear, Fred Bear's Field notes
-American Buffalo by Steve Rinella
-To Know A River by Roderick Haig-Brown (fly-fishing)
-Arctic Dreams and Of Wolves and Men, both by Barry Lopez
-Death in the Long Grass By Peter Hathaway Capstick (and other of his books)
-Maneaters of Kumaon by Jim Corbett

Not all bowhunting books but all very good reads based on hunting, nature, etc.

--------------------
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Posts: 630 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stonewall
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stonewall   Email stonewall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by Dean Coontz
Posts: 177 | From: north carolina | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradrookie93
Member # 44642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradrookie93   Email tradrookie93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wild Men, Wild Alaska (1&2)
Posts: 50 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got finished reading "Grandma Gatewood's Walk", by Ben Montgomery. Not a hunting story. She was a 67 year old mother of 11 that solo walked the Appalachian Trail in the 1950s and 60s. Easy read and interesting story.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13166 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Hansen
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Hansen   Email Jason Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Born To The Bow" by Bill Baker...great book!

--------------------
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Posts: 344 | From: Howell, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©