3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bowdoc-Don Ward (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bowdoc-Don Ward
BlkDog
Contributor 2014
Member # 12784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkDog   Email BlkDog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very sad day. I met Don 10 years ago in Quebec bear hunting. He's one of the most genuine folks I have ever met. He was just an awesome guy, a craftsman, historian, and a friend.

Hunted with him every year since. It felt like a family reunion every year. In a sense, it always was. His heart was always in it and his love of the outdoors, archery, hunting and people always shined through.

Don, I'll miss you, but rest assured - in spirit you will still be with us on every trip.

Jay

Posts: 251 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSshrewman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 33405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSshrewman   Email KSshrewman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He refinished a very special bow for me and did so with superb craftsmanship going the extra mile to make sure it remained a family heirloom. He was a pleasure. I would have liked to know him as well as some of you did.
Rest In Peace.

--------------------
Shrew Classic Hunter
Javaman Elkheart
Javaman Helms Deep
Gill Snakey Self
Ben Pearson Colt
Swiftriver

PSALM 5:3 At Daybreak Lord,You Hear My Voice

Member "Kansas Coffey Club"

Posts: 489 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghall80
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 21583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghall80   Email ghall80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don
Was a character for sure was a pleasure to have in camp at BQ and will be missed. Bear Quest will not be the same. I was blown away about how much he knew about Traditional archery and loved listening to his story's. Definitely made a big impression on me great guy and I can say I will miss that funny little man.

RIP BowDoc

--------------------
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway--JOHN WAYNE

Posts: 1653 | From: CT | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Brother comes to you, as swift and straight, as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him, to his place at the Eternal Campfire. We will see him again.....

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5510 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly a huge loss to the Archery world. RIP Bowdoc.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16837 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruinman
Contributor 2017
Member # 36891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruinman   Email bruinman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a character!! He was an instant friend to anyone he met. He will be missed for sure.
Posts: 1167 | From: SC | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
Contributor 2014
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never had the chance to meet him or interact with him thru the 'net, but his abilities of restoring old or damaged bows is legendary.

RIP bowdoc.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7282 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don was one of a kind and had more stories to tell then time allowed. Anyone who met him would be hard pressed to forget him

I'll always treasure the week I got to share with him at BQ 10!
I'd herd stories but nothing compares to Bowdoc uncensored [biglaugh]
Yes, he could make a sailor blush but with a tear in his eye I received a congratulatory hug from him when I shot my bear on the next to last night that I'll never forget, BowDoc had a heart of gold [thumbsup]

RIP Bowdoc, you'll be missed [pray]

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1338 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stagetek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stagetek   Email stagetek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awful news. Rest in peace bd.
Posts: 1377 | From: Pewaukee, WI. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is always sad to learn of the passing of one of our own. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4691 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
Contributor 2017
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just happened to be watching a bill Langer video the night before this was posted and he was on it from bq 3. I thought to myself if I was ever on a hunt with someone I would hope they had the same passion for the sport that he had on that video. Never met or talked to him but seemed like one of the best! RIP

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 627 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Phillipse called me yesterday with the news. I was out hiking, stump shooting and scouting. Like Larry said, kinda ruined my day. He was one of the few people who could make me belly laugh. and all know what a wealth of knowledge he was. I wrote his name on a cedar shaft and launched it into the air from my Grizzly. I actually feel sorry for the people who never got to know him. RIP little buddy

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3556 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest in peace Donny [pray]

Steve Jr

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2072 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had the pleasure of meeting The Real Bowdoc, but interacted with him on here, and heard lots of stories at Denton from Tom and the rest of the Bear Quest Crew.
He surely will be missed. Thank God he lives on, through the 101 thread over on the History and Collecting Forum.

RIP bd.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8050 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meathead
2017 Contributor
Member # 5557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meathead   Email meathead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent a couple BQ's with him. Always fun to be around.

-

Posts: 1129 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©