3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bowdoc-Don Ward (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bowdoc-Don Ward
Hud
Contributor 2017
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the memories, I learned a lot. Best wishes to Don's family.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2075 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One on one conversation with BowDoc would show his sensitive and caring side. I experienced this side of BowDoc in the mornings at the kitchen table where we would sit and talk while everyone else slept but as soon as someone else entered the room it was like a switch had been thrown. He now had an audience and he turned into a comedian and the comedy act lasted all day. He was a hoot!

No topic and no person was safe... BowDoc was an equal opportunity offender. I was lucky to know him and call him a friend.

Rest In Peace BowDoc. Bear camp won't be the same without you.
[pray]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2407 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom, you are 'spot on'. During my conversation with Donnie the thursday before he passed, I asked him if he had heard anything about the 'Gatekeeper', as we haven't seen a post for awhile. Good to see you here.
Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1686 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trubltrubl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubltrubl   Email trubltrubl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great guy, corresponded with him a few times...

hope your hunting camps are plenty and there are bows for you to fix....

rip

Posts: 640 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hill boy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hill boy   Email hill boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad to hear the news of BowDoc's passing! I too met him at bear quest #2 I think it was. To say Don was character is a gross under statement. There are some great stories about Don I'm sure. While at bear camp Two game wardens caught Don in a stand one evening with out his orange vest. Don had one arrow and a self bow sitting 5 feet up a tree. They finally determined he wasn't a threat and let him go without a citation. They even gave him a tip or two on bear hunting out of sympathy.30 minuts after they left him alone he killed a bear. With his one arrow [Big Grin] Him and I walleye fished the rest of the week for a great fish fry. Rest in peace Don!

--------------------
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Posts: 868 | From: jonesboro arkansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll miss you little buddy!!

This is the Bowdoc smile I remember most...

-

I think he actually enjoyed shooting bears with No Hair [Smile]

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8500 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stykshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stykshooter   Email stykshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Doc
Posts: 946 | From: Miami Beach / Houston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©