Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » *** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: *** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info
BLA
SPONSOR
Member # 23807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLA   Author's Homepage   Email BLA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that if you shoot anything/anywhere/anytime with a traditional piece of equipment, it's acceptable here...

--------------------
Bob Lee Bows

Posts: 76 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
30coupe
Contributor 2017
Member # 9663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30coupe   Email 30coupe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
(Please note: "Trad Archery Newbies" article now found HERE)

Ron LaClair, Dean Torges, Gene Wensel, Barry Wensel, Biggie Hoffman, Charlie Lamb, and Don Thomas just to name a few....So, if you've had a post removed or edited, your in good company.

I've pulled my own post as well as had mods pull mine...

-----------------------------------

It's nice to know I'm in such good company [knothead]

Sometimes even us old farts get forgetful, and a little reminder from the mods is a good thing. I've had a couple pulled...never took it personal at all. I just thought, du-oh! How could I be so stupid? I know the rules. [readit]

Thanks for reminding the "newbies"...even the old ones...that we need to follow the rules to keep this the great site that it is. You are the man, Rob! [Not Worthy]

[ July 07, 2010, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Bamabows Expedition Hunter III 60" 48# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3222 | From: Manly and Bellevue, IA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpencerL
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpencerL   Email SpencerL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense. I'll make sure to follow.
Posts: 117 | From: Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron+dog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron+dog   Email Ron+dog       Edit/Delete Post 
as a new guy i thank you for the help this is a great site and i wouldnt want to anger the bow gods for any reason thank you
[Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
>>>--------> <--------<<<
" the happiness that is found sleeping under tents is unbelievable. one night in tents is worth three in town" -bruce chatwin in far journeys

Posts: 324 | From: colorado | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pickaspot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pickaspot   Email pickaspot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been a member for a long time but seldom post. This was a good refresher - rules are a good thing!

This site has helped me a great deal through the years and I plan to get a little more involved.
JC

--------------------
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." H.D. Thoreau

>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Posts: 228 | From: Westover, Al | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beelerdeadeye
Member # 24580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beelerdeadeye   Email beelerdeadeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds alright with me. Let me know if Im doing any newby mistakes.

--------------------
Paul R. Falk

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Tstic
Member # 24506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Tstic   Email Ben Tstic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like having things spelled out like that...thanks
Posts: 23 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sixby
SPONSOR
Member # 14586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sixby   Email Sixby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry could not figure out how to delete my post.

--------------------
http://www.eaglewingarchery.itgo.com

Posts: 3314 | From: Medford, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ART C
Member # 24619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ART C   Email ART C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most popular trad shooter today. Who is it? There is not many on the boob tube. But there is a few. I might be slanted because I am on their pro staff but you have to Admit, Fred Eichler is right up there. He is a great shot and if you watch Easton bowhunting he has taken some nice animals and(from what I have heard) runs a great hunting camp in Colorado.....who out there watches his show.

--------------------
I have been an archer since 1954,shot a lot of small game and even ducks and geese on the wing. I had supper with Fred Bear and worked in Archery shops and had my own arhery shops 3 times......I willl be buried with my self bows and my longbows.

Posts: 7 | From: N H | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ART C
Member # 24619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ART C   Email ART C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not endorsing him in any shape form or way. I am just comenting on what I have seen. One guy I know went out there and was happy.
Byron Furgeson, is one heck of a trick shooter. Any one out htere watch impossible shots? Some of the things he does is incredible. Who else out there impresses you with their instinctive shooting?

--------------------
I have been an archer since 1954,shot a lot of small game and even ducks and geese on the wing. I had supper with Fred Bear and worked in Archery shops and had my own arhery shops 3 times......I willl be buried with my self bows and my longbows.

Posts: 7 | From: N H | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swamp donkey
Member # 16820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swamp donkey   Email swamp donkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't posted enough to get anything pulled yet but its nice to know if it happens I'm in good company. Helps when ya post the rules right up front like that, thanks.

--------------------
Gary

Posts: 68 | From: Marengo,Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bucksdown
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucksdown   Email bucksdown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rob thanks for the list, being fairly new i do beleieve we should have boundaries, you know how different personalities can be. i love joking around with my hunting buddies, and would never want to offend anyone. ther's one thing i have noticed, there are a couple of people that talk down to others, and make peronal insults, that bothers me. there's that old saying there is no dumb question. for 99.9 pecent, they are great people that are very happy to help. thanks again [clapper]
Posts: 270 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shirikahn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shirikahn   Email shirikahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a new member to Trad Gang, I'd like to take a moment and say thank you for this...it clarified quite a lot.
Posts: 330 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Mecredy   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Mecredy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bad, Sorry. I won't be a naughty religious guy anymore.

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
Minidoka Bowmen
A.C.B.C.S.

Posts: 2367 | From: Pahrump Nevada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greyghost
Contributor 2011
Member # 25916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greyghost   Email greyghost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am new here, but what impressed me were your guide lines you have established. Outstanding. [thumbsup]
Posts: 381 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©