Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » *** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: *** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info
Cambow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cambow   Email Cambow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been involved in Traditional Archery all my life... But I am a newbie to this site. I apologize for posting about the Arizona wildfire. I thought it was very relevant as this particular area is what most of us consider the most prime bowhunting territory in our state and will affect a large percentage of the bowhunters plans for this season.

I have learned my lesson... And I am sorry...

- Cambow

--------------------
- CAMBOW
Stick Bendin' - Shaft Chuckin' - Trad Junkie...

Posts: 205 | From: AZ | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cambow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cambow   Email Cambow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been involved in Traditional Archery all my life... But I am a newbie to this site. I apologize for posting about the Arizona wildfire. I thought it was very relevant as this particular area is what most of us consider the most prime bowhunting territory in our state and will affect a large percentage of the bowhunters plans for this season.

I have learned my lesson... And I am sorry...

- Cambow

--------------------
- CAMBOW
Stick Bendin' - Shaft Chuckin' - Trad Junkie...

Posts: 205 | From: AZ | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Cambow...we have to watch the topics close...because the site can get away from it intended purpose in a hurry if we don't.

[campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
don s
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for don s   Email don s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have been a member since 2004. although i don't post as much or as often as some, believe me when i say, i am here, reading and learning. i love this place. i have a question regarding off topic posts. i know it's impossible for you guys to cover everything all the time. if there is a post that has nothing to do with trad or trad hunting. should members report the post, or ignore it? i'm not wanting to cause a problem. i just want to know if it would help, or hurt? don
Posts: 869 | From: buffalo, newyork | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by don s:
... if there is a post that has nothing to do with trad or trad hunting. should members report the post, or ignore it? i'm not wanting to cause a problem. i just want to know if it would help, or hurt? don

yes, please do report any posts that you think are off topic. trad gang is quite wide and deep, there is no way admin and the mods could review every post. we greatly appreciate your help!

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10032 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
don s
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for don s   Email don s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you rob, after i asked the question, it dawned on me that you put the "report post" at the bottom of every page for that very reason. sometimes the answer is right in front of you. don
Posts: 869 | From: buffalo, newyork | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrownA5
2017 Contributor - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrownA5   Email BrownA5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rob for putting this information up. It is very helpful to those of us that have only ben on here a year or so.

--------------------
62" Morrison Cheyenne 48# @ 28"
60" Black Widow PAX 50# @ 28"
60" Marriah Thermal 53# @ 28"

Posts: 2554 | From: New York | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pugsley
Member # 35026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pugsley   Email Pugsley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whats a canned hunt?
Posts: 2 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el greco
Contributor 2016
Member # 35232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for el greco   Email el greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the time and the effort you put to keep this site in good standards.I am new here and this post was usefull as a guideline.

--------------------
From my cold,dead hands..

Posts: 694 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juan Matos
Member # 35279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juan Matos   Author's Homepage   Email Juan Matos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Rob. I'm new here and just read your post. It sounds like you would even pull or edit a post from Howard Hill if he were alive today and did a boo boo post. That's the type of policing that's required to keep anything thing ship shape, whether it were a forum or the kitchen. Cool, so that explains the organized nature of the site.
Posts: 37 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zootown2007
Member # 35173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zootown2007   Email zootown2007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am new to this site. I was referred over by a good friend. This is a fantastic site, with good, honest people. Thanks for keeping it straight and on topic.

--------------------
Riley

“What avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?”
― Aldo Leopold

Posts: 52 | From: Missoula, Montana | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wildwill0702
Member # 35678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wildwill0702   Email wildwill0702   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob:
Thanks for this post as I am a newbie, this helps me in getting to know what Trad Gang is all about.

Posts: 1 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by wildwill0702:
Rob:
Thanks for this post as I am a newbie, this helps me in getting to know what Trad Gang is all about.

glad to help out, sir.

be sure to click on the first link in my sig line!

[wavey]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10032 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jiminjax
Member # 23178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jiminjax   Email jiminjax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know. A lot to know....but good to know.

--------------------
Everyday is a Blessing.
USAF Retired 81-05

Posts: 43 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artifaker1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artifaker1   Email artifaker1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a post or two pulled back in the day. I'm in good company.

--------------------
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Posts: 444 | From: Aurora Colorado | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©