3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Moving to Idaho (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Moving to Idaho
Davt
2017 Contributor
Member # 11999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davt   Email Davt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be moving to northern Idaho, Coeur d'Alene, this November. Would like to hear about the trad archery opportunities in the area as well as hunting recommendations.

--------------------
Dav

Posts: 146 | From: Rapid City, SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RJonesRCRV
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJonesRCRV   Email RJonesRCRV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look up Clay Hayes, here and youtube. Pretty sure he lives in Idaho and seems to deal with hunting as well as conservation, so should have plenty of info.

--------------------
Samick Sage 50#
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
USMC 2005-2010

Posts: 336 | From: (Southern) Maryland | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatradbow
Member # 46420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatradbow   Email gatradbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're very fortunate. I just spent a week out there fishing between Stanley and Salmon. Saw Mule Deer, White tail and even big horn sheep. Good luck!
Posts: 19 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tzolk
Contributor 2015
Member # 35255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tzolk   Email tzolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We live in Sandpoint. There is a good group of trad shooters up here and some great 3d shoots. There was a trad store in CDA called the Northwest Pony Express but it looks like they closed shop. Bummer. Hopefully the fires will subside soon but it has been bone dry out since early June

--------------------
All the Best!
Todd Z

Posts: 810 | From: Sandpoint Idaho | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky dawg.

Good luck.

Posts: 4805 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Davt
2017 Contributor
Member # 11999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davt   Email Davt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Gator1, I feel very fortunate and am excited about the change. I considered the Northwest home for many years and have been trying to get back for a long time. Work commitments kept me away but the stars aligned with a wonderful new opportunity. tzolk, I am sure we will run into each other.

--------------------
Dav

Posts: 146 | From: Rapid City, SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tzolk, I elk hunted near sandpoint a couple of years ago. It's probably one of my favorite areas of the country that I've been to so far. It really is beautiful there and I have really great memories of the trip. If I ever make it back up that way again I'll have to stop by to say hi.

--------------------
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Posts: 391 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tzolk
Contributor 2015
Member # 35255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tzolk   Email tzolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plan on heading out for elk next week around here. Cow season with an A tag near private property. New to hunting elk. Davt, I'm sure you'll love it! Check out the Xtreme North Idaho traditional bow hunter club - facebook. They just had an awesome 3d shoot up here near Sandpoint. Libby montana, also a great shoot every may.
We moved up here from Detroit area in 2013 so I'm still learning.

--------------------
All the Best!
Todd Z

Posts: 810 | From: Sandpoint Idaho | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
batbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for batbow   Email batbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's lots of opportunities hunting in the area.
The guy who handled the traditional archery side of the NW Pony Express shop is now at Black Sheep sg and he is a wealth of info on trad equipment n the local archery scene, his name is Bill Wolf.
The owner of Pony Express has cancer and decided to close it rather than try and pass it along. Really cool store and it's a bummer life handed the owner that card.

--------------------
Stalker Coyote 56, 49@28
Acadian woods carbon recurve 56 28@28
Black River 60 45@28
Browning Nomad Stalker 45# 28
Morrison 58, 47@28
Black Widow PCH 58 in 40#@28

Posts: 100 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a year there in Moscow. Beautiful country, just never made it back.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1085 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my second year here after moving from new York. Really like it here great fishing . Still working on hunting. See some animals here n there.
I joined xtreme north Idaho archers just a few weeks ago.
Lots of public land to roam,just have to find the spots you like.
Seems most trailheads will get full up with trucks n ATVs but there is some out of the way places.
Feel free to hit me up when you get here. I'm about 40 minutes north of CDA .

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 913 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tzolk, don't think I knew you were from Southern Michigan.
I'm from Wyandotte

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 913 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tzolk
Contributor 2015
Member # 35255

Kevin,
Small world! I grew up in Ypsilanti but settled in Plymouth before moving this way. There are some metro Detroiters on our private road too. I miss the multiple deer tags allowed in Michigan.

--------------------
All the Best!
Todd Z

kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

I could take 9 deer in new York. Good times.
By the way,the lions play at 10am. Ha ha
Good luck to all this hunting season.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Davt. Getting back to you, I would recommend that you get on IDFG ( Idaho fish n game) website map center.
You can get a lot of good info on public lands state, federal,BLM etc. trails and access.
As for where to scout look close to town in some cases but I like to scout with Google Earth for slide areas, old logging areas, mountain creeks and Meadows then go check them out.
Hopefully spots that others don't want to hunt. I have crossed a river or two.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©