3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Moving to Idaho (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Moving to Idaho
elkken
Contributor 2017
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from a bike riding trip to CD, we stayed in Harrison. Very pretty place, lots of water. We saw deer, moose, turkeys and a few guys catching bass on the CD River. I have a friend who lives close to St Maries who is an avid hunter and owns about 80 acres. He has some pretty good success, but his main complain is folks on ATV's where they should not be. A fair amount of timber company land to hunt.

Some time spent scouting and getting to know the area should pay dividends. I see in your profile you fly fish, you will love the St Joe River and the North Fork of The CD.

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4667 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Davt
2017 Contributor
Member # 11999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davt   Email Davt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elkken, yes I love to fly fish, trad bowhunter, watcher of wildlife and an avid cyclist and skier. I am looking forward to doing a lot more cycling which will help in the packing in past ATV fitness.

--------------------
Dav

Posts: 146 | From: Rapid City, SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm jealous. Spent some time in the ID panhandle in my teens -- hiking, fishing, backpacking, etc. My grandfather was stationed at the old Naval station on Pond O'reille for a time, as I recall. Still some family up there. Great area for anybody who loves the outdoors.

X2 on the St. Joe -- at least 15 years ago, which was the last time I fished up there. A few miles in and you'll be forced to use a larger fly with a larger hook just so the little ones quit spooking the hole every time they go for your fly. Moose everywhere. Beautiful place. Enjoy!

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 553 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oz
Member # 15549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oz   Email oz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As said in two posts earlier,
Xtreme North Idaho Trad club.
they are very active I ran into them at 3 shoots this summer and they seem to be an awesome group, organized and active in the sport.

Great location to live, close to Spokane, a large city in terms of the NW (hehe), yet you are remote and alone in the woods in just minutes.

good luck hope to run into you at a shoot next spring.

oz

Posts: 38 | From: Montana | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fwknicely
2017 Contributor
Member # 45331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fwknicely   Email fwknicely   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We lived in Bonners Ferry, ID for five years; which is about 45 minutes from Cour'delane. I was too young to hunt but my Dad killed two bull elk and several whitetails while there. Some very big whitetails in that little town! Wolves seem to be fairly numerous around there, as well as mountain lions and a fair population of grizzly in the mountains. Oh, did I forget; decent black bear population and more coyotes than you can shake a stick at. My cousin was squirrel hunting once when he heard something behind him and turned around to see a cougar following him! Dad was elk hunting with a friend and they had a grizzly run in on them while they were calling! Big muleys in the mountains, big whitetails in the valleys, plenty of elk, occasional moose; hunters paradise in God's country!

--------------------
Friedrich Knicely

Posts: 26 | From: VA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Davt
2017 Contributor
Member # 11999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davt   Email Davt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for the posts. I am very excited to settle in and get mountain fit. Need to start applying for moose tags as well.

--------------------
Dav

Posts: 146 | From: Rapid City, SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©