3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2 Bows Lost in the Mail... USPS (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2 Bows Lost in the Mail... USPS
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I'm reading, and a lot of people are posting they've never lost anything, is the fact that if you do lose something the customer service follow-up is absolutely worthless ....is that correct?

Because anyone can lose a package sooner or later but it's how you handle it afterwards that counts.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30612 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW,
The cost of the insurance is not going to be reimbursed on a lost item.

Also, generally if the item can't be repaired and insurance is paid in full for the total value, the USPS keeps the merchandise.

At least that is the way it was 10 years ago.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 1996 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

I've been on both ends: USPS lost or stole three bows and have not paid the insurance (which was less half of what I could hve sold them here on the classifieds for.

They broke a bow I built and then never paid even though is was insured.

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5548 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dp

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5548 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My local postmaster suggested that I not waste money with buying insurance. He said if I have a claim and I do finally collect that I would be too tired to enjoy it.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2024 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PastorSteveHill
2017 Contributor
Member # 12323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PastorSteveHill   Email PastorSteveHill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the 2 bows I posted about in the original message of this thread finally showed up. On the day I went in to file a claim, they started tracking again later that day... Who knows?? Makes no sense.. But I'm thankful they got to the destination unharmed.. I do think someone opened the box and took the bow out and repacked it... But... Maybe someone just wanted to test it out for a spell..

--------------------
Blessings,
Steve

Posts: 2665 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lowrider
Contributor 2017
Member # 17080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lowrider   Email Lowrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear.
Posts: 674 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPaul
Member # 46609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPaul   Email MPaul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll guys I have heard these stories from about all carriers I know a fellow who shipped a item with ups they damaged it in shipping he had it insured and they refused to pay said he did not pack it properly. Had to hire an attorney to get then to pay. Also the post office USPS is independent not a government branch. And FedEx ground are independent contractors.
Posts: 34 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry we have have been fortunate to have had only one damaged bow claim never paid and from what I always here they say inadequate packaging.
The one lost Package we had They paid within in a week of the claim.

I believe the reason we have been so forunate on Damage is we only use a reinforced Triangle box. it won't roll off things like a round tube, and they can't stack on it

I believe Fedex and UPS is worse than USPS that is just me

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2682 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatshooter   Email Flatshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve, tracking on the Thunderhorn said delivery Monday. It came today but they didn't leave it because I wasn't home to sign for it. Hope to pick it up Monday morning. At least you can rest certain that one of them made it. Hope the other two show up soon buddy.
Posts: 2924 | From: Eagleville, TN, | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©