3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by old_goat2:
I've had both sharp and not so sharp results from new heads, been a few years since I shot them though, usually a strop got them where they need to be. After shooting them, I used the accusharp and then stropped them. KME works too!

This has been my experience, but I only use a KME to touch up or shrpen them.

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by old_goat2:
I've had both sharp and not so sharp results from new heads, been a few years since I shot them though, usually a strop got them where they need to be. After shooting them, I used the accusharp and then stropped them. KME works too!

This has been my experience, but I only use a KME to touch up or shrpen them.

Bisch

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

I hate this computer! I only hit Enter once after typing my response!!!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

I hate this computer! I only hit Enter once after typing my response, and this only happens on TradGang!!!!

Bisch

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

mj seratt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mj seratt   Email mj seratt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Bisch, have you ever used the kme?

Murray

--------------------
mjseratt

Posts: 184 | From: bartlett, tn | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MCS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCS   Email MCS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Posts: 426 | From: NewJersey, Monroe T.W.P. | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like serrated heads,I've been doing my own for years. I just got a couple packs of the 2bld 150gr BuzzCut's.

-

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Posts: 4954 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an Ace head that I serrated last year

-

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Posts: 4954 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIBIGHNTR
Contributor 2017
Member # 36993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIBIGHNTR   Email MIBIGHNTR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always believed that a straight/sharp cut would not clot and seal like a jagged/dull cut?? Am I wrong??
Posts: 340 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Where you're wrong is where you put jagged and dull together. Serrations are not dull, I hone over the whole blade including the serrations.

Sorry but you're also wrong that a serrated edge will clot and seal.

--------------------

Brian P.
Contributor 2017
Member # 320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian P.   Author's Homepage   Email Brian P.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron,
Do you think the buzzcut feel sharp enough right our of the pack?

--------------------
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver" Saxton Pope

Posts: 1151 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIBIGHNTR
Contributor 2017
Member # 36993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIBIGHNTR   Email MIBIGHNTR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind being proven wrong at all Ron. I always try to keep an open mind. Thank you for your input and I value your expertise and experience greatly!!

I just know through the years that it always seemed when I cut myself with a a very sharp edge (razor blade, X-Acto, etc.) it seemed like it would take forever to clot. I cannot say I had ever cut myself with a sharp AND serrated edge though to compare, only dull objects (rocks, cement, etc.).

You must feel there is a distinct advantage to the serrations I am assuming since you did it YEARS before it was done commercially??

Posts: 340 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.B Cooper
Member # 46610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.B Cooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity I just went an opened a brand new pack of Stingers, purchased last Black Friday. They're as sharp as any I've bought in years past. I'm sure a few slip through that are less sharp than we'd like.

--------------------
Morrison Phoenix XD 17" ILF Riser
SF Elite Carbon/Foam Limbs 52@28
Beman ICS Bowhunters

Posts: 13 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

I hear you, I use to keep a styptic pencil in my medicine cabinet when I shaved/ trimmed with a straight razor.

But like my buddy Norm Blaker told a guy once when he questioned the serrated edge of Norms broadhead, "I'm not tryin to shave em I'm tryin to kill em"

-

--------------------

centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if Bisch has ever used these?

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4042 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©