3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » A mule deer hunt turned lion hunt (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A mule deer hunt turned lion hunt
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you kept your whit's and did the right thing.... [Not Worthy] [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15788 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are ok Michael. Quite an experience for sure.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2035 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Michael! I'm glad you shared this encounter with us! And I'm glad you're alright! I can't see the picture though. [dunno]

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"

Posts: 1049 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP   Email ESP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad that you are alright. An experience that you will be telling your grandkids.
Posts: 299 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see any pictures either. [Frown]
Posts: 4095 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are ok and hope you were wearing your Brown pants.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2094 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.B Cooper
Member # 46610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.B Cooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad you're ok.

--------------------
Morrison Phoenix 17" ILF Riser
SF Elite Carbon/Foam Limbs 52@28
Beman ICS Bowhunters

Posts: 17 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homey88
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homey88   Email Homey88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Glad you are ok!
Posts: 1256 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're okay.

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 616 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghostman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghostman   Email Ghostman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You made the best of a bad situation and came out ok. I commend your for your ethics!
Posts: 394 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snag
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Oregon there areas the game dept has had to hire "professional hunters" to bring down the numbers. One unit they killed 40+ cats. They are not afraid of man! When I do cow/calf calling it has brought cats in. Keep alert!

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Posts: 7602 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad everything worked out for you. That could have gone south quick.

My cousin out in Washington had a similar experience while deer hunting. He's a tough guy but when he told that story he looked terrified.

Posts: 467 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That could have ended badly! Glad you were able to make the shot count in the heat of the moment.

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1275 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snag:
Here in Oregon there areas the game dept has had to hire "professional hunters" to bring down the numbers. One unit they killed 40+ cats. They are not afraid of man! When I do cow/calf calling it has brought cats in. Keep alert!

Well at least they do the necessary to control numbers! If I'm correct Oregon doesn't allow the use of dogs?
Posts: 2556 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hackbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hackbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad all is good Michael! Don't suppose they let you keep the backstraps? [Wink]

I've only seen one live one and it ran like a scalded dog when it saw me and hunting partner. Your story is going to have me a little more on edge in thick spots next time out west. Never thought of carrying bear spray for cats, but I might add that to my pack list.

Posts: 1234 | From: North Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©