3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » A mule deer hunt turned lion hunt (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A mule deer hunt turned lion hunt
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it legal to bait them in like that? HA!!!

All kidding aside, I'm glad you came out of the encounter OK, and able to tell the story.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5331 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dry Creek
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dry Creek   Email Dry Creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad you're ok.
Craig

--------------------
58" Bear Super Grizzly 45@28
60" TallTines 44@28

Posts: 547 | From: Central Mississippi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!! Glad You're ok.
Posts: 1134 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Arnette:
 -

Fixed it for ya! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"

Posts: 1016 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a kitty that size weigh?
Posts: 1982 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
140lbs or so
Posts: 2510 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can think of is WOW!
Posts: 2357 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad everything turned out okay for you. Way to keep a level head. Last week we saw several cat tracks in the area of Colorado we were hunting. We also saw a lot of mule deer, so I'm guessing that's what had them there. It'll definitely make you pay attention to your surroundings.

--------------------
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Posts: 357 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That could have ended badly. You did the right thing all the way Michael. Glad you didn't get any closer!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11911 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe2Crow
2017 Contributor
Member # 3332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe2Crow   Email Joe2Crow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a rush that must have been! Kept your cool and did what you had to do. I didn't read all the posts - did they let you keep the cat?
Posts: 428 | From: NE Maryland | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!!

I think your title should read 'Mule Deer Hunt turned into Survival'.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30612 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you shot him facing on?????

Sorry, I could not resist! Glad it worked out and you were not harmed!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bisch:

Bisch

Hahahaha hahahaha...yes it was a frontal shot! The title should read: "Frontal shot saves rookie hunter from stitches"

The lion died about 25 yards from the shot. I'd post a picture of the actual entrance but it looks like a trophy picture with my bow on it and I didn't want it to be perceived as a trophy at all.

Posts: 2510 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
medic77
Contributor 2017
Member # 17083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medic77   Email medic77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy smokes, what a rush and deflated moment at the same time. You did what you had to do.

--------------------
You're Off to Great PLACES!
Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
So....Get on Your WAY! - Dr. Seuss

Posts: 908 | From: Festus, Missouri | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Arnette:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisch:

Bisch

Hahahaha hahahaha...yes it was a frontal shot! The title should read: "Frontal shot saves rookie hunter from stitches"

The lion died about 25 yards from the shot. I'd post a picture of the actual entrance but it looks like a trophy picture with my bow on it and I didn't want it to be perceived as a trophy at all.

Post the picture of the entrance. You already explained what happened.
Posts: 2532 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©