3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Trad Gang could sure use some help ... (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Trad Gang could sure use some help ...
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tooner:
If you don't mind me asking, what amount was originally needed, and what amount has been raised to date? Thank you.

Rob posted an estimate of what it would take in his original post.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the updates. I did that sort of work back in early 2000's. Truly a pain in the behind. We were doing a whole city with 7 different business divisions. I thought that was big until we did the Navy and Marine Corps. I would not be surprised if some of the info doesn't make it to new system. You might have to make choices in the end.
Posts: 2151 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes sir M60 I want to make sure that we get important stuff converted over instead of just brace height and not Point questions if you know what I mean and I'm hoping our host the converter Rob and I can get this done before hunting season because we're burning up our weekends trying to get this taken
care of.... and we want to make sure we get this Fall's hunting stories in with the ease of the pictures and the videos being able to be inserted into the threads....ok...back at it!!!

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once this is done we will all look back at the what little cost, and inconvenient this is now to what we have gained

"Wow Look Mom no Photo Bucket Required"

This alone will make it worth it to me, so saddle up Gals and Gents and but a shoulder to the wheel [thumbsup]

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3834 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, the second part of the question was, how much has been raised?

Killdeer

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15439 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlacktailBowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 15933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacktailBowhunter   Email BlacktailBowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.

--------------------
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Posts: 911 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
md126
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for md126   Email md126   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killdeer, I highly doubt you will ever get a straightforward answer to that question.

I will agree with Terry on one point, there is no sense in saving the same old redundant threads we see over and over.

Posts: 1273 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually... Rob posted, they have been keeping a running list, of EVERYTHING, that EVERYONE, has donated so far! However, they have been busy working on the upgrade, and have not had a chance to tally it all up!
Come on folks, really!!?? What is honestly more important to you!!?? Getting the new system up & running??? Or "knowing" how much money you've been raising...??
Personally... I'd rather leave the Boys alone, and let them get this huge task done, than waste their time with questions like "how much money did we send ya...??" I'm sure Rob is probly kicking his own tail, for starting this thread.....

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5510 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Casto Jr
Contributor 2014
Member # 3606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Casto Jr   Email Jim Casto Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need X amount.

How much do you have; how much do you need?

I'm sure complete transparency with be forthcoming, but those sound like reasonable and ordinary questions to me.

--------------------
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot."
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything." Al Cole

Posts: 1196 | From: WV | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Casto Jr:
We need X amount.

How much do you have; how much do you need?

I'm sure complete transparency with be forthcoming, but those sound like reasonable and ordinary questions to me.

Jim,
Take some time to read Rob's most recent post carefully....the team working on this project currently has no idea what they will need until they finish testing, re-testing, managing failures and evaluating succeses.

They are wading through a technical swamp and deserve our support....don't ya think?

There is a helluva lot of stuff going on that they need to carefully manage in order to understand a path they can and should follow...right now, they simply don't know...

Posts: 2193 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Casto Jr
Contributor 2014
Member # 3606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Casto Jr   Email Jim Casto Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read it carefully. The estimate was 8K. So... how much do you have; how much do you need, seems a reasonable and ordinary question. I'm sure there will be complete and timely transparency.

I'm not questioning anything. I'm simply pointing out, to those that seem to have problems with folks asking the questions, that it is, in my opinion, reasonable and ordinary for them to ask (wonder).

--------------------
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot."
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything." Al Cole

Posts: 1196 | From: WV | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
md126
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for md126   Email md126   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, if you start asking people for money you should have total transparency along the way.

Jim, Reasonable questions asked respectfully are a sure way to get banned from here if certain people take offense to the question or your honest and fair opinion.

I'll happily donate but not until I know where my $$ is going.

Just my 2 cents

Posts: 1273 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

md126, I don't understand why you're making false accusations against us. No one gets banned here for asking a question, but they do get banned for making false accusations which is what you have done and that is unfair....

And I'm not sure what you mean by "until you know where the money is going"... Rob posted over and over in detail where the money is going....Are you not seeing his posts? Maybe there's a glitch on your end?

Lets see....

Over the history of TradGang we have had totals of monies and/or equipment donated by members for the following that I can think of off the top of my head...

United States Military

Benefit for Kids Foundation

Hunts for Kids

St Jude since 2006

The wipe out robbery of Charlie Lamb

Chris Surtees' kids college fund

Jack Howard's widow

Make a Wish

Noah Roman fund

Not sure why some think we wont include a total for these donations by the members....

So,....I have called a cease and decease to all involved in the progression and conversion of TradGang until we get a total to date.

Donations, contributions, DVD sales, Sponsor Payments, and Equipment sales all come into the same paypal...so it will take some time for us to weed it all out...AND we will have to get bank records to date on Monday since we are in mid-statement for checks that have cleared in the last few days.

Now, take into consideration that Rob and my personal donations are around $2500(bows, guitar, shipping)

Rob and I now will be working on another project we have been neglecting finishing for months. Best if we take break from this anyway..... I'm also sure that the gentleman whose INVENTING and writing code to make this happen would like to have a break also.

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

OK....now I have a question. Hope no one gets mad or upset cause I'm asking.

Some of you that are asking 'how much have we raised'....a quick search is showing no donations from you.

So, my question is....since ya'll want a total...can you please email me IF you donated and if so was it paypal or check and how much?....we want to make sure we include your donation in case it got lost or we missed it.

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

md126 has kamakazied yet again...he's been banned for the second time and won't be back....

He is nothing but a detriment to this sport a rabble-rouser whose only goal is to stir up crap make false accusations and try to ridicule and make turmoil out of everything to do with this site....

He also had a cohort that dive bombed a few days ago for the same reason.

I haven't received any emails from those other people asking for how much money we've raised...

I expect to hear from you soon if you donated was it Check or PayPal??.

I need to know if you donated so I can include it in the total I will not post a total until I hear from you if you donate it or not....

If you want to know a total the ball is in your court speak up if I don't hear from you real soon we're going to resume business and continue forward

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©