3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Trad Gang could sure use some help ... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Trad Gang could sure use some help ...
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know just enough about Computers (self taught) to get in trouble - normally. BUT when something is explained as well as Rob's initial out line of the problem and "fix" is so well laid out that I can follow it and see both the need and the VERY desirable fix(es) sufficiently clearly. Thank you, Rob.

It might be hard for some to see but I think if they just read over the parts about advantages we would then have at our disposal (i.e. ease of pic posting/self(Tradang)contained hosting of same, no jumping back and forth for our (most important) St. Jude endeavors, stabilized storage of our (equaly important) wealth of info in files, etc. etc.) that would be enough to motivate all who now enjoy TG in any way whatsoever to look favorably on the proposed changes.

At times like this, I so wish that I had chosen a more lucrative life career in my younger days so I'd have more financial security in my current life. Then I could donate to something as near and dear to my heart as TG/TGMM in a truly significant
amount. However, looking back, I would not now change my life choices, if I could. I am what I am, and have what I have, and am blessed at that. Luckily, others posting ahead of me have pointed out the thing we so often try to point out during our St. Jude endeavors - EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS! With that in mind, what I consider only a token donation, in my minds eye, I still can realize as being of some help, and I hope others in my situation will do the same. Any amount is better than no amount!

Headed to (weak) PayPal now. Best of luck in the change over work and in donations.

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21345 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance at a fundraiser auction/sale? I have some stuff I could get rid of and proceeds go to help.

Or, maybe open up the contributor 2018 early and give those contributors access to the remaining 2017 classifieds AND all of 2018?

This, in addition to any outright donations, might add up more quickly.

Just thinking out of the box.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7285 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sending my donation to this effort as soon as I get done typing this post.

I have learned a great deal on this forum, and I am grateful for that. But more than that, I have made some incredible friends through Trad Gang -- friends that I would not have met otherwise, and friends that I cherish and that I now cannot imagine life without.

Fellow members: Think about what you owe to Trad Gang for what you have learned, and the friendships you have made. Let's all do our part to help out so we can benefit from Trad Gang for many years to come.

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Posts: 2192 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beat you to it, Joe!

[campfire]

--------------------

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7285 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good man, Bud.

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Posts: 2192 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What have you got here 25K members. I would think a dollar a piece would not be too much to ask. Then even if !/3rd donated You should have enough.I hate to see a few take the load and all the free loaders benefit.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3125 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Save the gang!! Terry I'll be sending a check today.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 873 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

46,461 members. But probably half that are somewhat active posters.

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bud B.:
Any chance at a fundraiser auction/sale?

Thanks Bud....but I need to reiterate....we are NECK DEEP in this....the Software issue was started BEFORE we found out we were going to be required to get another server....we don't have time for squat at the moment as we weren't prepared to have that thrown in at the same time.

We had been wading around in the shallows for a long time...and soon as St Judes was over we jumped into the deep end from the high dive. It's taking a LOT of time to try and bring this live before hunting season so we don't loose any hunting threads.

We will be making an announcements about the procedures as we get closer to conversion.

Many MANY thanks to all that have helped and are going to help us on this rocky trail, the view from the peak will be worth it.

[campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just donated $100 Rob with pay pal.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993

Posts: 7873 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the guitarists out there, and those that already know of my involvement as a luthier, guitar tech, and recording industry technician, I'm offering up a new Recording King acoustic guitar that I recently finished modding and setting up, details here ...

http://tradgang.com/rk/

... and on the Trad Gang Classifieds 2017 Specialty Forum as well. But it's here as well, gotta do whatever I can to get the buck$ up ...

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10032 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Cook
Contributor 2017
Member # 20751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Cook   Email J. Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donation sent. Any updates on this one Rob...I would think with the # of members we have we could reach that goal with only minimum donations really quickly.

Any updates on where we're at?

--------------------
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Posts: 1186 | From: Kannapolis, NC | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Mecredy   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Mecredy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,I had no idea you were a musician/luthier, guitar tech, etc, etc. as long as you've been my website guy (11 1/2 years) you'd think I'd know something about that.
Looks like a perfect little guitar, when ever these deals come up I'm always so out of sync financially, (I had a bad month for unexpected expenses and low sales)

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
Minidoka Bowmen
A.C.B.C.S.

Posts: 2367 | From: Pahrump Nevada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I donated, Terry & Rob. Thanks for what you guys do! TG is a great place with great people.
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikolay87
Contributor 2017
Member # 43460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikolay87   Email mikolay87   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donation sent via paypal. I wish I could do more
Posts: 153 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©