3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck Wisconsin bowhunters. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Good luck Wisconsin bowhunters.
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Szalewski:
Good luck to the WI bowhunters.
I am sitting the opening out processing a cooler full of moose meat, but I can assure you that I will be out there next week.

Gee, that really stinks!!! LOL!!! But just think... At least you won't have to worry about filling the freezer!?
Good Luck, Brothers & Sisters!!!!!

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5608 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zepnut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zepnut   Author's Homepage   Email zepnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everybody
Posts: 908 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stagetek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stagetek   Email stagetek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celebrated my 50th Opening Day this year. Beautiful opening morning, but it really heated up during the day. Spent the evening stand dripping with sweat. Passed on a doe, and had a small buck about 50yrds away. Great to get back out there. And, thanks to who ever it was that invented the Thermocell ! Good luck everyone.
Posts: 1416 | From: Pewaukee, WI. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates?? [dunno]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17130 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seeing deer, no shot ops as of yet. Had a young doe within about 7 feet of me while hiding in a clump of grass in the marsh. She really skeedaddled when she decided the boogeyman was near. Had one evening when the wind was wrong, so I altered my hunt a bit. Part way thru the sit ( on the ground again) I, for some reason, turned around to see two big does watching me from maybe 30 yards (downwind). They left when I turned.

Jumped two of last years bucks in the meadow at the base of the hillside near the bucket stand ( everybody knows where that is... right ?). They were separately bedding in the meadow, at the base of some smaller trees or brush. They each let me get to within maybe ten yards before splitting. Easy gun shots. Not so easy bow shots. Too young ( small) for trying this early in the season.

Had a chipmunk check me out from maybe two feet away, on the log in front of where I was seated that afternoon. Had a skwerl walk up the fallen tree log that I was seated on last night. Heck I think he would have walked on top of me if I hadn't moved a finger to halt him. I was wearing a ghillie. So far, its been fun.

Posts: 7303 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stagetek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stagetek   Email stagetek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was up there the second weekend, but never hunted. Temps and humidity in the upper 80's. Last weekend the cooler weather moved in, and it was beautiful. Passed on a 6pt. and a few small does. Turkeys "everywhere". Should be back out there around the 10th. Luck to all.
Posts: 1416 | From: Pewaukee, WI. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stik&string
Contributor 2015
Member # 18418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stik&string     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been out as often as I would like. Noticed a few scrapes and rubs that fired me up a bit. I have a week off coming up and plan to be out every day. Remember that the youth hunt is this weekend and the disability hunt also starts this weekend where applicable.
Posts: 949 | From: WI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[archer]

--------------------
Bear Kodiak

Posts: 1311 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to all.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15815 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made my first hunt the other night. The incoming storm and the rain most would find discouraging. It was good to get out as I needed the therapy. I saw a couple wood peckers.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Posts: 17130 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nubbies had me surrounded yesterday. I had to make a run for it.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1201 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

I had a couple yearlings walk past at 8 yards last night. No momma! I didn't notice nubs.

After pulling the chips in the trail cameras I noticed we have a coyote problem. There are 7 in one photo alone.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Excellent weekend this past weekend minus the weather lol.

had a break in the Showers and went to the stand. had a doe and fawn feeding right behind me when the lightning started. I snuck out and made it back to the cabin wet.

This morning the wind was ripping and the rain coming in sideways. We opted to get chores done around the cabin instead. about 7:00 my little brother and I decided to gather some black walnuts below the cabin and we saw two bucks chasing each other. After they departed another 6 point and spike came out and were browsing about. the spike buck walked to within 8 yards of us and we were only armed with a bucket of walnuts lol.

After that grabbed the bow and a tree stand my brother wanted to set and slowly walked the edge of the corn field. slipped to within 50 yards of a doe and fawn but couldnt close the gap as they were walking the other way faster than I could stalk.

In all my dad, brother and I saw 14 deer this past weekend. Not to shabby in the least. Scrapes popping up everywhere at that farm. Rut is approaching which is a very exciting time there.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Brother, Good Luck!!!

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5608 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcgroundstalker
Contributor 2017
Member # 10420

Icon 7 posted      Profile for mcgroundstalker   Email mcgroundstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello There Charlie! [wavey]

... mike ... [archer2] ...

--------------------
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Posts: 4127 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©