3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Gold Tip Nock Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gold Tip Nock Problem
4 point
Contributor 2016
Member # 17561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 point   Email 4 point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a dozen of the newer skinny gold tip trad classic shafts and I noticed ever time I let down with a arrow nocked my arrow pops off the string. The throat of the nock is to shallow so the sting angle pushes it off the string. Has anyone else had this problem? If so is there another nock that will replace them that has a deeper throat? I'm worried about it causing a dry fire.

Travis

Posts: 736 | From: SD | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You shooting three under?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7394 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Author's Homepage   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that if you touch the arrow with your bow hand forefinger as you draw, it will often cause the arrow to fall off the nock if you let down. If a nock is sized properly, it doesn't take much to pull it off the string.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 4231 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4 point
Contributor 2016
Member # 17561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 point   Email 4 point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I do shoot three under. I shoot with a double nock and my tab against the lower nock. I've been shooting the original G/T trads with no problem. I just tried the nocks out of some Easton axis that I forgot I had and they cured the problem. I have a long draw so I'm sure that is the root of the problem.
Posts: 736 | From: SD | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limbshaker
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limbshaker   Email limbshaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swap mine to some plain jane Easton nocks. They are longer. Never had the problem you describe though. But may help.

--------------------
"Leaves are fallin all around..time I was on my way." -Led Zeppelin

Posts: 142 | From: Decatur, AL | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4 point
Contributor 2016
Member # 17561

Thanks guys, the Easton nocks cured the problem. I thought I had ordered the original larger diameter shafts so I was a little surprised when I opened the box.
danshao
Member # 41127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danshao   Email danshao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem. Didn't care for gt nocks so I ordered the Easton s nocks to replace them. I can shoot the gt nocks by being careful but when I'm not I don't want to accidentally dry fire my bow.
Posts: 99 | From: CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nantahala Nut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nantahala Nut   Email Nantahala Nut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love those classics but those nocks are junk.
Posts: 292 | From: Cullowhee, North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuckeyeBoy
Member # 4986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuckeyeBoy   Author's Homepage   Email BuckeyeBoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used a different insert in them?
Posts: 34 | From: BlueRock,Oh | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed that some of the smaller diameter arrows have a nock that is larger than the same make arrow but standard diameter.

The Black Eagle Deep impacts run ~.114, while the black eagle outlaws run ~.110. Though that's not much difference, it could easily be the difference between a dry fire and not.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3019 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuckeyeBoy
Member # 4986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuckeyeBoy   Author's Homepage   Email BuckeyeBoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 34 | From: BlueRock,Oh | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy1
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy1   Email happy1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easton X nocks fit the new Gold tip classic shafts the Easton s nocks are to big.

--------------------
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 874 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy1
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy1   Email happy1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double post

--------------------
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 874 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to replace them with the S nock or another type that fits my string better
Posts: 2584 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©