3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck NY bowhunters (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Rick, It sounds like you are having an incredible year!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17116 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give you about 1 week Jim before you put one on the ground, maybe less. [Smile]

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Posts: 747 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad is beating bucks away today , if you can get in the woods get there now!

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2337 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go rick great season congratulations

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1144 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob tell him to chase them up to Allegany Co. I'm not seeing anything in the woods, but on the roads there all over the place. I think tonight was my 10th or 11th sit in a row and not seeing a deer.

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Posts: 747 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2015
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerald it’s slow here too , there was too much shell corn in the area so they aren’t hitting acorns like usual

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6960 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have great news I’m excited to pass along! Will post up some photos after dark....

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2148 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbow2   Email swampbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well today my endurance failed and after letting a lot of young bucks walk I broke down and shot a fat 5pt. He stood broadside to me at 18yds and I knew I could take him clean so I did.Fifty yard dash and I watched his fall.I'm a little sad that I'm done with the peak time just starting but I'm glad to have had so much fun time in the woods and 2 quick ,clean harvests.I won't miss climbing trees twice a day, that old LONE WOLF climber is wearing me down; time to use ladders or at least my sit and climb Summit ! The big ones should be moving now, my wife had a 4pt and 8pt chase a doe past her yesterday, so go get 'em guys . GOOD LUCK.
Posts: 113 | From: batavia new york | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bird in the hand . . .

Congratulations. They are ALL trophies.

He gave all he had. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4006 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2015
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Marvin any deer with a stick bow is a trophy in my book. Looking forward to the pics Jim All I saw were bucks today Looking for a doe so tonight I’m going to a totally different spot and hunting off my Big Jim tree seat.

--------------------

Posts: 6960 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nashoba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Marvin glad you were able to fill your tag and have fun in the process. I had a big mature 8pt cross the road in front of me 2 fields down from the wood lot I hunt , they are on the move.
Posts: 256 | From: caledonia,ny | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Marvin, a clean kill and meat in the freezer out ways big horns any day for me

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1144 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Marvin, James looking forward to your update

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17116 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oak518
Contributor 2017
Member # 20978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oak518   Email Oak518       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Health problems kept me out of the woods for all of October. Sat. am I had a spike at 12 yards that bolted when my arrow came of the shelf. This buck his time coming down the trail playing havoc with my nervous system. Different stand Sat. afternoon deer around me for hours. Great day total 13 deer 3 bucks. Sunday am in high mt. stand saw broken horn buck a daylight very windy. Tues. am in new stand close to home around 8am 6 pointer in thicket in front of me close walks up ridge to a doe that I did not see. I put my hand in vest and use my fawn bleep can the deer had no reaction but a spike shows up looking in my direction. I take the bleep can all the way out of my vest and do one loud bleep. All of once the doe on ridge runs to me with the 6 pointer .Keep in mind my nerves are gone. I am standing I am trying my best to stay calm. I go to draw my bow and behind my tree a buck steps out fast at 15 yards. It all happen so fast. Once again the arrow came off the shelf. I try to steady my nerves and do a good shot. Well I rather be lucky then good. Stand up blood trial 8 pointer. I like to say hi to all my friends and to wish them luck. Be safe Dan
Posts: 88 | From: Berne, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2015
Member # 10014

Congratulations Dan

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©