3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck NY bowhunters (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters
wetfeathers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wetfeathers   Email wetfeathers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everyone. This is always my favorite thread of the year.
I've been getting a lot of pics of bears on the cameras this year. I hope to connect with one of the big ones this year.

--------------------
Love your kids.... spend time. not money.

Christain Bowhunters of America

Posts: 306 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck over there everyone!

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4691 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be stillhunting in the backcountry of the ADK's Saturday..Longbow in hand...

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4380 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to everyone. Looks like the weather here is finally going to cool down. [archer2]

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3874 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to be the Adirondacks on Saturday, been a whiles since I went up there but it will be good to get out.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15692 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck. Please wear you Fall Arrest System. And please use Permithrin on your clothing. Ticks are really, really bad this year. Stay safe, pick a spot, and fill the freezer.

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1392 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everyone, be safe !

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2790 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent some time in the rain this AM......not much seemed to be moving.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15692 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Manassa
Contributor 2015
Member # 15050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Manassa   Email Mike Manassa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everyone. Opens here in Western NY in the morning. Supposed to be in the high 30's overnight. Works for me!!
Posts: 277 | From: Rodman,NY | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck guys and gals. I'm stuck working til Thursday.

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3561 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning was beautiful 32 degrees with a slight wind from the south. I knew where I wanted to be in corner of the woods with oaks and hickories. True to form within a half hour of light I had two bucks gorging on acorns one was a 1 1/2 old six pointer the other a beast of eight pointer . After eating acorns for twenty minutes the eight had his fill and headed to his bedding area and I was on his direct path, unfortunately I was right on his path ! He came head and was at seven yards when he was broadside, I tried to draw as his head went behind a small hickory but he noticed something was up and bounded out to about fourth yards before stopping then slowly walked off . Oh well didn't really want to fill my buck tag opening day but would have if he didn't catch me . Also saw a dozen does with two big single ones and big ole turkey. The best time of the year is here and I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am !

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2324 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck everyone, I heard one report of blood hitting the ground today..

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16924 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to all . I will be doing most of my hunting in Maryland this year .
Posts: 374 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mint
2017 Contributor
Member # 5900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint   Email Mint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted the morning on long island. Had a doe and fawn come in downwind of me and catch my scent.

--------------------
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1582 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it was a beautiful day to be in the woods on the opener unfortunately I didn't see a deer!! Can't believe it, has to be a first but that's hunting I guess

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1073 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©