3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck NY bowhunters (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters
Trout man
Member # 36902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trout man   Email Trout man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats,and hope everyone has a great season..
Posts: 77 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going, Drew!

I heard deliberate steps and got all ready . . . and watched two ruffed grouse walk past in the leaves.

But that alone was worth the price of admission.

Did not see or hear any deer. Harumph.

And some low-life swiped the lowest step in my tree! I was thinking I was getting too old for this on the way up but When I climbed down I noted the hole where the step had been. Luckily I had a spare at home. Very odd.

--------------------
Charlie P. ~~ _/)~~ A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 3 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 2 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 3887 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbow2   Email swampbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had several does and fawns milling around me and one small 4pt.Haven't seen a bigger buck or large doe with no fawns that I want to shoot yet but sure is nice being out again.Good luck to all and nice job Drew.
Posts: 105 | From: batavia new york | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys [thumbsup]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6153 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crotch horn
Contributor 2016
Member # 12922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crotch horn   Email crotch horn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Drew
Posts: 1293 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats again Brother! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16924 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job Drew l 👍

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2324 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6153 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well another full day (half at one location half at another) still haven't seen a dee....ugh not really sure what's going on this is way out of the norm for these areas, I don't ever see a lot of deer but at least a couple [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] Hope this year picks up some time. Oh well back at it tomorrow morning for only a half day.

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1073 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggamefish
Contributor 2015
Member # 35618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggamefish   Email Biggamefish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week I only saw them walking around and this weekend is to warm! It took 1.5 hours just to cool down from the walk in! Hoping tonight shows a little action.

--------------------
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.” M.P.

Posts: 562 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing again this morning, hoping things change next weekend [pray]

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1073 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot hot hot. Windy. Rain is coming but it's really dry in the woods-- no deer in the acorns and the apples are even neglected. Jumped a spike near a nearly-dry stream bed yesterday. Will water be the key this year?

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2521 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetfeathers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wetfeathers   Email wetfeathers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had some action on an oak ridge friday. I had 7 does feeding on acorns but couldn't get closer than 30 yards. then saturday I saw 2 different young 8 pointers in an apple orchard but they stayed far enough away to keep the hunt going.

--------------------
Love your kids.... spend time. not money.

Christain Bowhunters of America

Posts: 306 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a tight little racked six-point walk straight at me and pass nearly under my stand tonight. Never really offered me a proper broadside and I let him be. He was in sight off to my right (where I can't shoot because of the red maple branches I'm in) for 20 minutes and it was good to be in the presence or a deer, at least.

First I've seen from the stand.

--------------------
Charlie P. ~~ _/)~~ A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 3 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 2 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 3887 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16924 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©