3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hunting pants and more ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hunting pants and more ?
IdahoCurt
SPONSOR
Member # 21925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IdahoCurt   Author's Homepage   Email IdahoCurt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What are you thoughts on gaiters? Which pair?"

Love my Kuiu Gaiters,Have used them for years,they work great.

--------------------
www.thewoodvault.com

Posts: 505 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amicus
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amicus   Email amicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IdahoCurt:
"What are you thoughts on gaiters? Which pair?"

Love my Kuiu Gaiters,Have used them for years,they work great.

Thanks

--------------------
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Posts: 1134 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ky longbow
Member # 19307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ky longbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion anything first lite, sitka, or KUIU would serve you well in that environment. Each fit me slightly different so it wouldn't hurt to find a place to try them on to see which is your preference. Goodluck this November!
Posts: 61 | From: Winchester, Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kuiu gaiters are great. I use mine often.

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1770 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amicus
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amicus   Email amicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Gentlemen

--------------------
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Posts: 1134 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim in Wa.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim in Wa.   Author's Homepage   Email Tim in Wa.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exo Mountain Gear packs are very good and Oregon Pack works is working well for me this year.
Both companies are small when you call you will likely speak to the owners.
They both have excellent customer service
Tim

Posts: 161 | From: Poulsbo Washington | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd take a serious look at the Kuiu Chinook pants, which have everything going for them.

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2520 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I had your problem of getting new gear to go hunt Alaska. Good luck on your hunt can't wait for the story....

,,,,Sam,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2547 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Synthetic fabrics have a drawback-they burn and melt into the skin when exposed to flame. Wear them to hunt and use wool in camp near flame. We had a few incidences with goretex when the military first started using it.

--------------------
goodness of woodness, Semper Fidelis. Molon labe

Posts: 3035 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©