3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2017-2018 Mississippi hunting season photo page...post them up please (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 2017-2018 Mississippi hunting season photo page...post them up please
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good One Caleb, Congrats!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17116 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Caleb! Congrats to all
Posts: 2649 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I'm late to the party.

Congrats to everyone who has had success so far!

I've been out a few times and I've only seen a single small buck and let him walk. Nothing else worth shooting.

This weather is getting right though!

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 138 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lugnut93
Member # 45130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lugnut93   Email Lugnut93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see that people are having success throughout the state. I have hunted a couple of days so far, but no success. I had one ground hunt where I saw a doe that just wasn't close enough(about 25 yards) and then had a young buck walk by within 10 yards. I will be giving it another shot on public land this weekend.
Posts: 6 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome buck Caleb. Congratulated you on fb but that buck deserves another one here !!! So happy for you man. Congrats again !!!

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2496 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a stud congratulations Caleb

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1144 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Caleb, awesome buck!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3985 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on a fine one Caleb and from the ground makes it even more special!

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1275 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Front comin thru Vicksburg right now. Wind has switched and it’s down to 50 now. Should be a great weekend. Good luck all and be safe. Can’t wait to see some pics

--------------------

Tom

Posts: 2496 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Guess y’all had the same luck I did. Saw 4 tho so I’m happy. Good luck this weekend. Hope for pics and don’t forget your orange. Youth gun starts tomorrow.

--------------------

Tom

Lugnut93
Member # 45130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lugnut93   Email Lugnut93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BOHO:
Guess y’all had the same luck I did. Saw 4 tho so I’m happy. Good luck this weekend. Hope for pics and don’t forget your orange. Youth gun starts tomorrow.

I saw 3 doe last Saturday, but I didn't get a shot. It was a very nice day though. I don't think I will get a chance to go this weekend, but good luck to all that do.
Posts: 6 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted this morning at a feed tree I thought was hot [dunno] all the sign said "Hot" but the only thing hot is me and the temps [Frown]

I got to the stand around 0730 and stayed till 1130 due to the full moon, but saw nothing again.

Put fertilizer on the food plots from 1230 to 1500 and then clean up and hunted another Ground blind over one of the plots that was good for the S,SE.

I have spent about 20 hours in stands and Ground blinds and have seen all of 2 hogs so far.

There are deer on the property and the sign is there, but the deer are not at my spots.

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3985 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it’s been so hot I think all the deer are moving at night or very late in the evening. Travel corridors near bedding will be best in this heat. They aren’t getting to feed until after dark. That’s my assumption of course.

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 138 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

I agree Jon. If the sign is there you know deer are coming. Just always at night. I had a theory if a place had hogs you would get more daytime movement fromdeer trying to beat them to the food. Guess I was wrong on that one too. Lol. I’m going scouting tomorrow. May be to hot for me to stay and hunt. Unless I find something good. Guy killed a doe in our biggest plot today. That makes two does for our camp this year. One with a Xbow and one with a hoyt compound. Hope I can get on the board soon.

--------------------

Tom

jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Good luck Tom! Hope you get one man.

--------------------
www.gen273.com

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©