3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2017-2018 Mississippi hunting season photo page...post them up please (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2017-2018 Mississippi hunting season photo page...post them up please
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jon !! You too man. I did a fair amount of walking this am but didn’t find much. I did get a set up done for pre rut and rut. Ground hunt with the bow so we will see how that works out. A big flat I wanted to scout didn’t pan out. That tornado took out a lot of trees on it early May. All the rain we have had and man has it grown up over there. Way to thick for me to even attempt to walk it. Great bedding cover tho. Hope to find a good trail or two going into or out of it soon when they start moving more.

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2498 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and Possum Head, hunted a little dead lake off the Pascagoula river.

We had plan to sit from 1200 to around 3pm but my phone had no signal so when Possum got down he couldn't reach me so not to disturb me he climbed back up.

So I sat from 12pm till dark! Too long of time for these old bones to stand or sit on a postage stamp.

Possum seen a fawn, I seen the usual, nothing!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3988 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’ve done that a couple times and it took the fun out of it for me. Sat one day after a front from 10 am til dark. By the time dark came I was so happy to see it. Lol. I was miserable. Never happen again.

--------------------

Tom

Posts: 2498 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a younger bowhunter/hunter I would climb and sit from sunup till dark. Didn't know any better and back then did all those bathroom rituals in the bottle etc, etc.... [goldtooth] [biglaugh]

Now a days its about a 3 to 3.5 hour sit normally a early morning and late evening and when its a full moon a midday hunt.

I would like to get to where I show up about 30 minutes prior to the deers presenting themselves, make the classic shot, trail, selfies, gut, and drag and be back home within a 2 hour span [Eek!] [readit]

Anybody with it on this [bigsmyl]

--------------------

Posts: 3988 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the rut I'm good for an all dayer if it feels right. But not if it's 82 degrees [banghead]
Posts: 2093 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Looks like the next few days is gonna be good. I get Friday off so I’m gonna go pester some deer hopefully. I’ll post up some pics Sunday if I have any worth sharing. good luck guys

--------------------

Tom

jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck gents.

Looks like I'm done until after Thanksgiving. Heading up to Nebraska for work next week until the day before Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 139 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Good luck Jon on work, and be safe!

--------------------

BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Hope y’all had some good luck this weekend. Deer were moving everywhere at my camp. White oaks were finally starting to drop and the deer are starting to find em. Plots are covered up with tracks but I haven’t seen but a couple scrapes and no fresh rubs. Guess it’s a little too soon.

--------------------

Tom

South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

We had camp meeting at church this week and weekend so my hunting was limited.

What little I did was the same, zero action!

By this time last year I had seen 11 deer on the private land and had taken a Buck and Doe.

I have seen no deer from a stand or ground blind so far this year, very unusual.

The land holds deer, and theres plenty of sign just can't figure out whats up.

I'm hunting same areas as the past, playing the wind etc... but the deer are just a lot smarter then me this year.

--------------------

joebuck
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joebuck   Email joebuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A doe and this rooter with my 56” Swamprooter Recurve
https://imgur.com/a/lYGJb

--------------------
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Posts: 2154 | From: Oxford Ms 38655 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Good looking hog there Joey!

--------------------

South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Good looking hog there Joey!

--------------------

BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Congrats. Hope you kill a hundred more of those nasty jokers. We don’t have em where we are. Thank goodness

--------------------

Tom

BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Buddy of mine was the only one at camp this am. Saw 7 and got a doe. Great mornin for us cause most of the time we may see 1 or 2 or none. Hope y’all had success this weekend. I didn’t see a thing yesterday am but did find a spot I think I can kill one on the ground with my ghillie and my 45# little river. Lord knows I gotta get close to kill one with my Longbow. Lol

--------------------

Tom

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©